New to the Hobby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wild Foamy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Wild Foamy

Wild Foamy New Member

Hi everyone

My names Steve, im 15, live in Newbury/England and ive been into R/C since i were a youngen, ive been into Nitro monster trucks, aeroplanes and ive visited your website a few times now and i must say it is very interesting, and looks like so much fun (both building and fighting)

ive been considering getting into the hobby but on a slightly more modest budget. im a good hand when it comes to crafting balsa, so constructing a small scratch-built ship for battle shouldnt be too hard, plus i have several parts laying around that may save me a bit of £££ (recievers, servos, batteries e.t.c)

when my Internet decides it wants to load the "find a club" page i will (try) to look up a local club and maybe ask a few more questions on the forum, is there anything else i need to know before taking up the sport?

2. Wild Foamy

Wild Foamy New Member

just noticed, ive posted this in teh wrong section (my browser only loaded a few sections)

ive searched for local clubs but cant find any in england, looks like im an indipendant captain :p

3. donanton

donanton Member

Just move to the states. Theres plenty of us here.

4. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

thats a simple soulution

5. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Being in the UK, you need to seriously look into your local and national firearms laws and laws governing projectile throwing devices (ala bb guns). I have seen references to a limit on the energy that the BB can contain, but I have not readily found what I consider reliable information. We would not want you to end up in trouble for a hobby. Unfortunately, my big book o firearms laws only covers the states.

Other than that, everything needed to build a cannon can be built readily from parts available at any good home improvement store, smallparts.com, and www.mcmaster.com

6. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

I have heard of different clubs that do rc warshipcombat but I beleive they are big gun. I know o fsome scale model clubs ,I have seen their videos on U tube.Afraid I can not help much more.
    Buddy Friend