new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lalimerulez, Apr 23, 2007.

1. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Heyy im from buffalo my name is zac. I saw some of Kotori87's videos on youtube and i was hooked. The ships look cool but i dont got one yet. Just trying to figure out what this is all about and stuff like that.

2. klibben

klibben Member

feel free to ask any questions, welcome aboard!

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

ok thanks for welcoming me

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Yeah, welcome aboard, there are some battlers up that way :)

5. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Check the find a local club section on the main rcnavalcombat site.

Oh, and welcome!

6. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

already checked the local club and the closest one to me was the ontario attack force. the closest one was like a hour and half away. and i was wandering how much does it cost to make a starter ship?

7. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

starter ships... well ive been told before that if you go to www.battlersconnection.com when you click on the catalogue and go to combat ships, the ships should say how east or dificult to build that ship and how difficult it is to batte it. but a ship can go anywhere from $500.00 to $1,000.00

8. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

Ya like i Just finished building my first ship von der tann a kit form BC. It cost me me around $900 USD+ tools to build her. A ship like her seem's like a good rookie boat only thing is that it a tight fit inside. I would say a class 3-4 ship probaly be a good starting ship. My ship also follows the same fast gun rules that the OAF uses

9. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Keep in mind that it's not all spent at once. It can take several months to build one (working on it on weekends, etc). So, the cash gets spent over that time, some here, some there.

10. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Unlike most hobbies where the majority of the cost is in the upkeep... the majority of the cost for this hobby is in start up. Once you have a boat built, the maintanence cost is very low... a well built ship will last for many years.

11. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Very True...

12. Mark41

Mark41 Active Member

So True...Trial and error can cost alot, so it's easier on the pocket if you ask questions before you cut stuff, or buy stuff.
    I'd agree that a full kit starter ship will run between $600-1000. After you see what you get, there's ways to cut down the price. IE, making a pump rather than buying one, or locating cheap motors and micro switches...I find quite a few bargains at the dollar store.. count down timers, turkey basters for water removal, plastic armour, radio boxes 5"X5"X3" box with sealable lids. You get the idea. Lists like this are VERY helpful to find stores that accomodate this hobby.
    Being handy with tools also helps alot.
    good luck,
    Mark