Newest

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Choff13100, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Choff13100

Choff13100 New Member

Hi All
    I live in Roseville MN. I have been looking into warships for about a year. I have done research and such. I still am looking for something for a beginner. Wondering which ship or class of ship would be the best?

Thanks
    Chris

2. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

well that all depends on what club u will be running with and what format they run once u figure that out you can go from there

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Hello and welcome!! IT all depends on what type of club you fight in

4. donanton

donanton Member

What they said.

5. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

There is a good sized group of MWC guys, fast gun, the Port Polar Bear up in Mn, In fact next year our Nats will be up in MN, 45 miles NW of Minn.

MWC link
    Visit this site

Polar Bear Link
    Visit this site

Contact Bob H its on the PPB link, he can give you plenty of info about the hobby.

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well, it seems like you're in the area of Port Polar Bear, a Fast Gun club. That helps narrow things down a bit. For fast gunners, I've generally heard that a good starting ship is either a heavy cruiser or a 4-unit dreadnought. Both those classes are big enough to fit stuff in without much difficulty, and small enough that they won't attract undue attention on the pond. Big ships like Iowa and Yamato tend to attract lots of attention and bbs, so don't pick one of those unless you really think you can handle it. On the other hand, destroyers and small light cruisers tend to be so small that they are difficult to build and arm. Heavy cruisers and dreadnoughts (3 and 4 unit ships, respectively) tend to be a good mix of things for starting rookies.

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I think the Deutscheland class Panzerschiffes might be worth a look for a beginner ship.

8. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

welcome i am in La crosse Wi and have been building a boat to battle with the polor bear group will send you some info one the club and contacts.