Newest++

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NickMyers, Nov 15, 2007.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Hey all, just introducing myself. I live in Tukwila, WA and just found out about R/C warship combat this week. I have 0 idea what format I'm interested in most. It doesn't seem like there much for active people in my area though? I saw the Queens Own guys, and I liked their attention to detail they emphasize, but 1:72 scale is a bit large (I mean, an 11 foot battleship would be fun, but it definately wouldn't fit in my car)....

I do know that I'm interested in scratch-building my own, which should be a neat trick as I'm an apartment dweller and my girlfriend (well, now fiancée) says I'm not allowed to make a huge mess. I was thinking of working on a small cargo ship first, just to get the hang of boat building.

-Nick

2. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Hello and welcome. 11 ft sounds a liitle to bigfor a ship. Justin didnt you move some where around there??

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Yeah I moved to TriCities... So closer to Tukwila than when I was in Detroit. :)

Seriously though, WCC is your group (& mine)... There are I think two more battles this month in your area... I won't be going, too far for me as cold as it is. We will meet during the mid-state battles next year.

In the mean time, let me get you in contact with Phil (he lives in your area) and get you set up to see a battle. PM me your email address.

4. NickMyers

The TriCities is still a bit of a trip for this season. Uhm, I'd PM you, but your forum doesn't appear to have a PM system? Either way, [removed for security, message received] will do the trick. (Assuming the obvious instructions encoded within that statement are followed...)

5. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey you will find the guys from WCC are pretty good bunch of bannas! Tell them all hi for me and a small convoy ship is always a welcomed ship. It adds the event of convoy runs and will get you in to see what the other ships do and work like.
    Buddy Friend

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Email sent

To PM: Click on my user name & click "Click to send an E-Mail" or click the email icon above my post.

@ Buddy.... How often do I have to tell Phil hi for you! :) I told him hi for you 3 times already! :) *Grin* [Just picking on you buddy... :) ]

7. NickMyers

Got it, thanks. Not to be antagonistic, but thats not a PM in the usual sense. [:D]

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hey how was the battleing up there?

9. NickMyers

I haven't heard from Phil. :/

It is a busy time of year for a lot of people though, so I'm not entirely too surprised.