Not such the same queston others ask.

Discussion in 'Construction' started by wfirebaugh, Aug 25, 2014.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I don't battle with the NTBG but how that rule is written there is a 3/8" upper limit on rib thickness but no lower limit so in that sense you should be ok. I doubt that is what they intended and at a certain point your ribs are going to get shot up and destroyed along with the hull skin. As a thought experiment there doesn't seem to be anything written in that rule which would make having 1/64" ribs with 1/8" spacing illegal. Again I've never battled with them but it is an interesting idea, especially if you could make the ribs withstand the incoming fire...

3. wfirebaugh

The idea was to roll on some Fiberglass resum to add to the stiffness, and the rib spacing is maybe 5/16 at the closest distance from one another. bulkhead holes and extra holes are not added yet "more work then I want in this stage" just frame. The Bottom frame area as well the fore and aft pic tanks will take on water up to the water line to keep the weight down sum. the ship to scale is roughly 37 inches long and has 36 ribs so far, the ship will be built in sections so if too badly damaged can be cut out and replaced Easley.

http://s771.photobucket.com/user/Ho...d%20Design

4. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

This quote sums it up: "...the frame may be 1/8 inch thick to a maximum of 3/8-inch thickness." It says the allowed thickness of ribs goes from 1/8" to 3/8". I have battled with the NTXBG and can tell you that the intent is to allow 3 different rib thickness and a small variety of spacing options.

5. wfirebaugh

V. WAIVER OF RULES
    A. Technical Officers (TOs) are authorized to issue construction waivers to ships that do not
    meet the specifications defined in this document, provided that such conditions do not provide
    an unfair advantage in scale model combat.
    B. Modifications that are determined to give a ship an unfair advantage will not be allowed and
    shall not be approved for waiver.
    C. The CO may veto any construction waiver issued by a TO.
    No wepon in mind for this ship so you are safe from this glass house of a ship. I just want to put it in the water to see how well it holds up to fire with what it will be made of.

6. wfirebaugh

@ Snipe Hunter I live in Dallas Tx and the NTBG is the only club near me. I am also in the Texas National Guard and the meetings so far for that club co inside with my drill weekends. :( so I may never get to go to aney of the meetings. But thats why I was going by those build rules.

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

You're 3 hours from the Texas fast gun guys... That's a lot closer than most people are to a battle pond...

8. wfirebaugh

Tugboat do you have a web site for theTexas fast gun guys? NTBG battle less then 45 min drive from where I live they battle close to Seagovill Tx.

9. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

I thought Jeff/Tim/DW/Chris P all lived in the Dallas area.

10. wfirebaugh

I know members of the NTBG live around dallas area it can be seen on ther web site but timing and oblagations I just cant seem to make aney of ther meets and I have never met aney of them, they had one meeting at a mongolian ster-fry here in mesquete Tx, less then a mile from where I live and I had to be at NG drill that weekend. I was looking for a new hobbie it was ether RC plains or ships I decided on ships. Iv been desiging ships sence this time last year and gathering plans for ships and subs I want to build.

11. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

The guys Bob mentioned are all fast gun guys. If you want to talk to someone in the NTXBG shoot me a message with your email address and I will give it to a club member to contact you.

12. daisycutter

daisycutter Active Member

I am in the north Dallas area and would love to help out. My ph# 972 978 0262 BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff Lide