One day battle in Xenia Ohio Sat Sept 22

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by froggyfrenchman, Sep 14, 2007.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    The Dayton area Treaty group is hosting a one-day event at the new battle site in Xenia Ohio.
    We are inviting both the MBG, and the BBS to come on down and see the new site, and do some battling.
    As we will possibly have three different formats in one place at the same time, we will share the waters by taking turns doing sortie style battles.
    We plan to get things started around 9:30ish, and stay as long as we want.
    Owner says the water is generally 8 ft deep, with a couple spots that are 12 ft.
    I will be posting more info later. Just giving everyone a heads-up.

We hope to schedule another event at this site sometime in October, and will give more notice. We may make that one a two-day event if there is enough interest.
    Mikey

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

8 to 12 feet deep? Better make sure everyone has an emergency float installed, or bring the scuba gear. It's not fun searching for a lost ship in stuff like that.

3. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Nope it is not, Charlie from BC lost a light cruiser in our March battle, in our pond in around 7 to 8 foot of water. We searched for around 2 hours and could not find it. The Next day we rented Scuba gear, and searched again for 2 more hours, the pond is not that big, but we never found it.

Marc did make a new friend when he was diving for it, a 4 foot gator followed him, staying about 6 foot behind him the whole time. We think he was hoping Marc would stir somthing up that he could eat, or he was trying to decide if Marc was worth eating or not.

4. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

Naaa...the only thing we really worry about up here in the water is snapping turtles. Chuck Berry did a song called something like "My...." [:D]

5. froggyfrenchman

All
    We are expecting lots of sun, and a high of around 85 on Saturday.
    Bring your own food, and extra safety glasses if you have them.
    See you there.
    Mikey

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey Mikey, you coming down in October?

7. froggyfrenchman

I would really like to come down to see everyone.
    Just now there are two things going on that will have an impact my ability to drop in, or not.
    This coming Sunday will be the bid at work. If things go well, then I will still have weekends off. If things don't go well, then I will not have weekends off, and that will make it tough for me to come down.
    Secondly.
    At this time we are waiting to hear back from folks on 4 new possible battle sites here in S.W. Ohio. If these folks get back with us, and want to see what we are about, then I may be busy putting on small battles here locally, just so that we can lock down any-and-all sites for more battles next year.
    So, I really won't know what the chances of a road trip down your way will be till after Sunday.
    I will keep you posted.
    Mikey

8. froggyfrenchman

All
    We all had a really great time at the event this past Saturday.
    Tom turned out to be the host with the most. When we arrived he, and a few pals had an easy-up tent, table, coolers, a launching platform, and last but not least, the grill in place.
    They grilled up hot dogs, and burgers, with all the fixins.

We also had a pretty good turn-out of captains, considering that we kinda through this event together, not only on a weekend that didn't work out well for most, but we also could only have it on Saturday, when Sunday would have worked out for more of our folks. Turns out Tom was hosting a farm tour on Sunday. Oh well. It couldn't be helped. So we made the most of a bad situation.
    Mike Ray and I arrived first (yes there is another Mike in the mix). I recall one of my school teachers always said that there are always too many Mikes, and not enough speakers. hehe.
    I had my Strasbourg.
    Phil A. showed up with an entire fleet. For Treaty he had a new Pocket-battleship, and a re-built Suffren, and an un-armed Normandie class battleship. He also brought his big-gun Richelieu.
    Lee showed up with a Mogami cruiser.
    Jeff Sharp had his new Cavour class battleship ready for sea trials, and his under-construction Des Moines cruiser.
    Bill P. (BDE) showed up with some supplies.
    And Ray drove up all the way from Louisville Ky. with his under-construction San Francisco cruiser.
    A few of us brought along our families, and this location is perfect for the little ones as there is a really high bank, and hill.
    I will post more photos later, and also do a write-up on the days action.
    After all of the battling was finished, Tom let us take the kiddies out for a spin on the paddle boat.
    So thanks again to all.
    Great folks. Great fun. Great location. Great host.
    We will probably try to hold another event at this location in the near future.
    Mikey