Opening salvo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Epcor, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Epcor

Epcor New Member

Hello,

Hailing from Edmonton Alberta Canada.

I've got to get involved.. thus a call to sign up.

I operate a two channel "Atlantic harbor" R/C tug boat up here. While it's pretty cool with the kids who think it's name is Theodore... It's just not what I'd rather be floating... I was thinking Iowa class..

I've got crazy ideas to scratch build up a hull (ageis style) add some guns to it and a launch platform and was interested in a way to actually get the guns to go off in "show" alone.... as I was searching for ways to go about this I discovered a plastic bb gun tank (airsoft) and decided to refine the search to find the cannon system... then I came across... OMG this is What I was talking about! your site as well as others. (queensown.org). I was pretty hyped abotu it Cause the wheel was already invented. My "dream" concept doesn't fit into the rules... but thats only one concept and one hull design.

Being this far north we tend to have a healthy shipbuilding season (winter) and I've got to start somewheres. RC Combat has a healthy group of clubs tied to it and look like our rival city of Calgary has a club.. boo hisss.. lol..

but ah.. hi guys; I have no building experience but big hopes to set sail.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Welcome! There are lots of battlers in Canada, and arguably some of the best of the best hull crafters.

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Welcome!!
    zAc

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well, probably the best way to get involved is to say hi to the folks in Calgary. That is, if they are the closest club to you. If there's another club thats closer, then go meet them instead. By visiting a club (not necessarily joining) you can decide if its worth the drive, or if you want to start your own club, and (more importantly) can see a combat ship in person, and examine the insides. You get a good idea how it goes together, what parts are involved, etc. If you're lucky, you may be able to buy a used ship from someone, then upgrade the internals to modern standards. If not, then club members can point you to good resources for building combat warships, as well as provide help and advise on construction itself.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the "magnificent obsession!"

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you on board.

Mike D

6. Epcor

Epcor New Member

Yeah.. Calgary is the closest, 2 hr drive. But you see in the province of Alberta.. Edmonton and Calgary have a persistent rivalry between the two metropolises. Edmonton being the government capital and Calgary being the economic center. The Two city always get into it regarding sports be it Hockey.. The other thing to do on ponds in the winter and football (cfl (our balls are bigger (than nfl))) Soo I could see a creation of a Edmonton Versus Calgary battlers group.. *defiant stance* "even if I have to do this alone!"

I would have no problem capitulating to Calgary until I can float something.

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The REAL question would be though if you would/could band together long enough to crush the Ontario folks!

Mike D

8. Epcor

Epcor New Member

Fly the liberal flag and I'm sure the trek across Saskatchewan would be worth it :D

9. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Welcome aboard!! Hey it is all good not matter what you want to try!
    I have not yet begun to fight --John Paul Jones

10. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

NO ONES CRUSHING THE OAF!! any way yea that would be a cool rivery