Paddys Pond Gathering

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

July 30th was a great day for old friends to meet and greet and what else...sail boats. Nabs and MWC member Stephen Crane was on the Rock visiting relatives and dropping in on friends. He met with me and Tom Cromwell and my other friends for a Barbi and sail today. He brought along his veteran warship IJN NAGATO. He was gracious to allow me to operate it as long as I didn't drive it too far away from shore because he had a damaged antenne. I had a great look inside the model to check on the Escs and solenoid systems he has in the model. I plan to upgrade Mo with Escs and hopefully with solenoids for future Nats along with Tom Cromwell and possible Captn Nash of the NC. If not solenoids at least get the Escs in place. Stephen helmed the Missouri and of course it took him a few moments to get used to the Mag throttle system. Not as finess as escs. Took me a few moments to get used to Escs but I did prefer it over the Mag system.
    Fortuntally Nagato was unarmed , so Missouri was spared bb damage. Tom Cromwell took Missouri, I drove Roma and Stephen drove Nagato and we conducted Mock battle maneuvers. Mo maneuvers good but it's no Nagato :cry:
    Stephen stayed to eat a burger then had to leave. It was great to see him and his boat. Brought back good memories from the Nabs days.
    After he left I placed the Go Pro on the Romas port side forward behind the B turret and filmed Missouri along side drag racing the Roma. This is currently posted on Youtube under http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q5QAFmZk-E
    Wife got a lot of decent pics while she was cooking up the grub. Enjoy the photos.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The above pic, can you see the Go Pro Camera on the Roma?

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jim here is a member of my club A.R.C.C. He races the gas powered hydros, cats and deep vees. This one hits 70mph regularly but this time it hit some chop and went airborne. Hatch cover came off . Jim recovered both sections of the model.
    [​IMG]
    Stephen getting Nagato ready.
    [​IMG]
    The secret location of the light switch.
    [​IMG]
    Part of the battery tray made from aluminum inside NAGATO.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Taking out one of the 6v SLA with wires soldered to the tabls out of Nagato.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nagato looks pretty good since it is still wearing old patches from past battles and it still has some unpatched holes.
    [​IMG]
    Tom Cromwell and Stephen discuss the Nagato's Technology.
    [​IMG]
    Missouri on the left, Roma on the right patiently wait for Nagato to get on the water.
    [​IMG]

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The boys still discussing the technology. I think Tom will want his Nagato brought back to the Rock for a major upgrade. ;)
    [​IMG]
    MMMmmmmmm
    [​IMG]
    1 Allie ship and 2 Axis ships pose for a pretty picture.
    [​IMG]
    Nagato throttles up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Stephen uses Missouri for Mock target practice...bang bang bang!:p
    [​IMG]
    Old ship , advanced technology, new ship old technology... the war begins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wish I had Mo armed at this time. :(
    [​IMG]
    Nagato's quarterdeck cutting deep into the water.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trying to show Stephen what Mo's got but he's hard to impress:p
    [​IMG]
    Roma trying to stay out of the way.
    [​IMG]
    Hmm... If I finish mine... it will sail.
    [​IMG]
    One of the Esc's in the Nagato. A Viper Marine 20amp. This has Reverse capability. Stephen has had these in the Nagato for about 5 years with no issues.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Close up of Nagato's B turret.
    Top of Nagato's Pagoda Tower. The 3 crewman there have been there since the day the tower was completed. What a loyal crew he has there.
    [​IMG]
    Midships superstructure section and hatch of Nagato.
    [​IMG]
    Nagato's Pagoda tower and Bridge are impressive.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nagato's drive motors are well protected against flotsam getting into the gears.
    [​IMG]
    Nagato's steering servo is about the only techology that is not advanced technology. However it works reliably well.
    [​IMG]
    Nagato's testing switches. From here on top of the lid to the radio box Stephen can test fire all of his guns and test other systems without lifting the lid of the box.
    [​IMG]
    The Pump is also screened against loose debris that could enter the pump and clog it.
    [​IMG]
    You can see some of the firing Delta boards, a terminal board for the deltas and I am not sure what that square thing is.
    Nagato's cannons are controlled by these Team Delta Boards. Stephen was giving Tom and I a demo on how they work. They are very small indeed.
    [​IMG]
    Midships of Nagato with the outdoor electrical box unit lid opened up to show the interior. This system has worked very well for the Nagato.
    [​IMG]
    Forward you can see a SLA , a Regulator , some internal mesh for armor. Nagato uses 3 slas. Has solenoids and team delta boards.
    [​IMG]
    I believe this is a pump circuit relay switch

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is a lot of stuff inside this little box. Looks very neat though and serviceable. :)
    [​IMG]
    Nagato makes a final cruise in Newfoundland, Cdn waters before heading back home. Good bye Nagato. :(
    [​IMG]
    Looking at this picture can you tell what makes this a truly Canadian picture?
    [​IMG]
    Steve demos Nagato's superior handling. No actually I was driving it. :D
    [​IMG]
    Mo sets out to show Nagato whose Boss in these parts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Missouri is all alone:(

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

The Roma is truly a gorgeous ship. Love that camo scheme. :)

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike. Originally I was going to paint it Vittorio Veneto's scheme however the original owner was naming it Roma and wanted her color scheme. I believe all 3 of the Littorio class each had a unique camo pattern painted on thier hulls. I think Roma had no stripes on her aft deck but I went ahead with it as it really makes the aft quarterdeck more noticeable on the water.

Do you think I should paint the Mo in it's camo?

11. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Very nice photos.
    The last time I saw Steve's Nagato, it was stern gunning my Bart. A lot.
    I think there are four things that make a boat stand out.
    Funnels, turrets, decks, and a camo scheme.
    But perhaps not in that order.
    But that is just me.
    Mikey