Paintball Marker Core

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Ace_Austin, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

Curious if anyone has tried to use an electronic marker as the heart of a firing system. A single marker could be chopped to power an entire fore/aft battery if the air output was ported the right way. It is already setup to take a HPA input and run it as a LP output. Not to mention it would remove all mech links in the firing chain.

2. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

Are these available at a reasonable price? I've considered using the core of an Airsoft electric gun, but at about $100 for a quality setup, it doesn't make economic sense.

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Not that I know of.

But most systems are pretty close in setup to an electronic marker anyway. Some sort of fire control board turns a solenoid on/off depending on the command it receives from the RX, gas flows, cannon goes bang. There aren't really any mechanical links in that chain to cut out by using a paintball system. If I put my boat's regulator on my HPA tank everything will work more or less the same as with my CO2 tank(yes there will be some minor differences but nothing earth shattering and the guns will still fire as intended).

Also as a lot of people with Palmer regulators will tell you paintball gear really isn't designed for our environment (not much is), that leads to increased maintenance or reliability issues.