popularity

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by funkymonkey, Jan 24, 2013.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

so, i just realised something here. although i am building the edgar quinet as my intial build, i had fully intended building the colorado in 1/96th scale. but noe realize that they are not as common as i thought. is it true that everyone is running 1/44th for battle and battle stations is the only forum on 96th?
    i intend to go on building of course but arming it will be a question of if i can battle her.
    and on the note of the colorado, i find it hard to find any good source material for the super structure. im thinking since templates are already cut to start the hull. instead of scrapping the bb-45 using the hull and picking either the 46, 47 or 48 (maryland, washington, or westvriginia)

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

There is one club doing 1/96, and it is a smaller group of people than are doing 1/144 scale battling. There are actual battles taking place in 1/96, though.

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

so how often we plan on seeign the 1/96thers?

and this pretty much means build a handful of 1/144
    and build 1/96ths on the side.?

4. rcengr

rcengr Vendor

Battlestations is still a format very much in its infancy. In the Ohio area we have between 5 and 10 ships, excluding convoy ships, ready to battle. We will hold 5 - 6 battles this year with the Battlestations ships. Since this is only the 3rd year, we still have a lot of reliability problems and bugs to work out. Consequently, we generally hold one Battlestations battle and two 144 scale Treaty battles each day. Right now, no one that I know is planning to give up their 144 scale ships.
    We have scheduled our Task Force 2 battle for 27-29 Sept 2013. This battle will be primarily for Battlestations. Hopefully the captains that have been working on their ships will get them finished and be able to travel to join us for the battle.

5. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Member

ah, excellent. we shall see if i can get one together by then. probly, but not armed.
    thnk you all fer answer

6. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

funkymonkey,
    I have a 96scale USS Artemis, Who will be my only ship for this year!!!

Mark,
    I was thing Task Force 2 battle was manly A treaty meet, with 96scale, battling in between?? what chanced on that?
    Nikki