Pre-dreads...

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Kun2112, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Anyone else think that pred-dreads, in numbers, with line tatics could be a whole lot of fun, or am I just crazy?

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Crazy but in a good way. :)

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Perfectly sane. Predreads are compact ships that would benefit greatly from getting enlarged to 1:96 scale. The wide range of possible armament layouts, given the main guns, secondaries, tertiaries, and torpedoes carried by different predreads makes for a variety of combat styles. Not sure how well line-of-battle tactics would help, but it probably wouldn't hurt and it sure would look cool.

4. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Last year at the Treaty Conference Mike Mangus and I were talking battlestations afterhours. I was (and still am) toying with doing a Courbet or a Wittlesbach as my next 1/96 boat. He is building the Bretagne. The though of a line of WWI era ships sent shivers down my spine. The shear numbers of arm-able gund on those ships would be tough to do, but WOW! I have some 1/96 Courbet plans on CD... I just need to finish my Mogador before my next boat.

5. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

A Brandenburg class would make an interesting choice also. It had an unusual main gun layout for its era, having 3 turrets with two 11" guns each.

[​IMG]

6. Anachronus

And they had a long life. I think one of the one 's sold to Turkey was not scrapped until the 1950's.

7. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Ok, it is decided: my next ship will be the Sverige. Two dual 7/32" rotates, eight BBs (six armable), and two bow torpedo tubes. The torpedoes will be a bear to install, but should be a lot of fun.
    www.riksarkivet.se/Sve/Arkivhistori...201040.jpg

8. Anachronus

Fun being the most important factor.