question for 1/96 battlestations

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by totaldestruction, Mar 28, 2009.

1. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

I was thinking about joining and makeing my own boat but was wondering where you were mainly located, and where most battles are. I woudlnt want to drive for 2 days for one battle :p

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

We are pretty well spread out. There are a few here in southwestern Ohio, some in Mass, Ga, Tx, S.C.,La., and perhaps some that I forgot to list.
    I find it interesting that you live in Va. That might not be a bad central position for us to get together (if you can find a battle site).
    Perhaps we will come to you.

I live in the Dayton Ohio area, and have a partially complete Strasbourg battlecruiser, and a Mogador super-destroyer started.
    Mikey

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

I thought the Stasbourg was compleat?

4. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

Cool! i guess thats pretty good locationwise for me :p

5. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

The Strasbourg has been in a nearly complete state for quite a long time. She has been on the water for sea trials, but the cannons have only been dry-fired. Never shot any ammo.
    She is perhaps two weeks away from being battle ready. And if there is an event scheduled, then I will have her ready.
    I have put her on the back burner till after Memorial day.
    Mikey

6. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Mikey, can you post a few pictures of her in the photo forum? Thanks

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I'm in New Orleans, and am sticking my head up from academia for the summer at any rate. I can actually get things done...I hope.

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I cant wait to get my hands on some money so i can start. Maybe a battlecruiser to start.
    I hope this club takes off though (dont we all?)

9. Anachronus

I don't think I will do anything bigger than cruiser sized. Space is limited.

10. BoomerBoy17

What were you thinking? Ive always thought that a CL-49 USS St.Louis would be cool (5 triple 6" guns rotating, and 8 5" guns in dual gunhouses plus really cool camouflage). Or a USS Quincy (Baltimore class Heavy cruiser). But if youre going to get that big, a HMS Tiger (my absolute favorite) is only a little longer. You can always do a small battleship though, right?

11. Anachronus

A small BB is definitely in the running. Either a pre-dread or a Great War ship. HMS Tiger is a handsome ship and one of my favourite BC's.

12. BoomerBoy17

I think an orion class you be pretty cool, alota history there. Or an Iron Duke, those arent much bigger then much cruisers and would pack a wallop.
    HMS Tiger is a beaut, isnt she? Too bad she was scrapped.

13. Anachronus

I had started a Mowe class torpedoboote but I have misplaced it. That is as close as I can find to my favourite HSF ship the V-116 class.
    Iron Duke's are nice too. Or a WW1 fit QE or R. I don't like the bulged versions as much.
    I need to check how long it is to insure fit in the BattleMini.

Then again I have an odd fascination with the St.Louis class armored cruisers. Something about them I just like.

14. Anachronus

I had started a Mowe class torpedoboote but I have misplaced it. That is as close as I can find to my favourite HSF ship the V-116 class.
    Iron Duke's are nice too. Or a WW1 fit QE or R. I don't like the bulged versions as much.
    I need to check how long it is to insure fit in the BattleMini.

Then again I have an odd fascination with the St.Louis class armored cruisers. Something about them I just like.

15. BoomerBoy17

it happens.
    And im not a big fan of the small ships like that, though chances are their histories are just as amazing as those of the bigger ships. I like the Iron Dukes, theyre sweet looking. And for me, there needs to be something on the tripod masts, thats why i like the 2nd refit of the QE class, especially Malaya before her sinking. I love the look of those ones.
    the QE is about 6.7ft long by 11+ inches wide wieghing in at about 80lbs at full load.
    the ID is about 6.5ft long by 11.25 inches wide, and wieghing in at about 70+ lbs at full load.
    the Revenge class is also 6.5ft long, 11 inches wide and wieghs in at about 75lbs at full load. (and thrown in just for fun).
    the St.Louis is about4.5 ft long, by 8.25 inches wide, wieghing in at a beastly 25lbs.

16. Anachronus

Transport issues rear their ugly heads at about 5 feet. An Iron Duke on a roof rack just might look a bit odd.
    ;)

17. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

a USN 4 piper destroyer might be fun in 1/96 scale

18. BoomerBoy17

Or an Omaha class

19. Anachronus

I have a plan set for a 4 piper. The Omaha's have always reminded me of a 4 piper on steroids, they have a strong family resemblance.

20. BoomerBoy17

the 4 pipers are nice. But overall, my top choice for a destroyer would be the USS Meredith, a Alan Sumner class that sank at the Normandy landings