Radio Recs

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Ace_Austin, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

I am getting to the point that with some balsa on her side the Lexington will be ready for sea. I want to work my way into getting her ready for combat so for starters I will be just getting her running with throttle and steering. I am open to recommendations for a radio/ESC combo that will allow me to expand off it in the future with computer programmable options to do all important things I need to do with the boat. Ultimately I want the following functionality: Steering, Throttle (4 shafts w/ 550s on them), main battery train (Fore/Aft linked to one knob, ability to select the battery slaved to the train knob, fire button only working on those slaved batteries, pump override. Open to ideas. Coin isn't too much of an issue. I want to get one radio and get the right one. As long as I don't need my Ph. D to program the controller I am cool with it.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If you can get a FrSky Taranis, it does all of that, and more. 16 channels, expandable to 32, with telemetry built in. The great Wreno Wynn spotted one before they sold out of a store in Florida and pointed me to it. When/if you can get one, they're only $220-230. A steal. Aloft Hobbies is one of the main dealers, if you go to their website you can get on their wait list. Hobby King has a 'notify me when it's in stock' feature, and they sell them too.