Recovery device

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Markus.Andersen, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Markus.Andersen

Markus.Andersen Member

never mind the danish language - the pictures speak for themselves. :)
    but to clarify - plastic pipes covered with insulating foam pipes.
    But materials are actually irrelevant. Anything that floats with a similar setup
    will do.

http://sune.hmsk.dk/2010/07/det-kan-faktisk-blive-sjovt-nar-ens-bad.html

Actually its quite a good idea. The setup is cheap, no extra costs for motors,
    control and batteries. All You need is another model boat that can push the
    setup.

info on insulating foam
    http://www.armacell.com/www/armacell/INETFAQ.nsf/vFrame1/E98A43CF3404BE238025708\

regards

Markus Andersen
    dmtg.dk

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Is this an idea to enable models to recover other models, or to enable a jet ski to recover models? Either way, looks cool!

3. Markus.Andersen

Markus.Andersen Member

I have yet to see someone battling with a jet ski. Could be kind of James Bond style...
    So my guess would be option one :)
    I have tried pushing disabled ships around with the bow of my model boats. Its possible, but can be time consuming.

4. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Some more ideas from Vac-U-Boat
    http://www.vac-u-boat.com/Towing_Recovery.htm

Steve

5. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

In all the years of R/C combat, we have never had a problem with just using another combat boat to push in a boat which was out of control.

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I have to agree that using a warship works just fine. In fact, it is an important part of the game. The WWCC fights for 15 minutes, then has 5 minutes after the cease-fire to bring all ships back into port or they are scored as DNR (Did Not Return). There are plenty of instances of pushing a ship back into port even during combat to clear weeds or flip a switch that had been hit by hostile fire. In the 2006 Campaign Game, I earned an Iron Cross for rescuing numerous Axis vessels that became disabled by friendly minefields. With nobody performing the same job on the Allied side, we were able to recover from what would have been a deadly mistake and won the Arizona Cup.

7. phill

phill Active Member

WCC has a river tug that runs a couple of 550's direct driving a pair of 2" props. It has a pair of barn doors for rudders and is filled with foam. It has proven to be kid resistant and actually drug in one of the marker floats the last time out. She is a bit squirilly to drive - no finesse, just brut power.