Sold! Reducing Inventory

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Gary Powell, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

Over the years I have built guns for many members that had little or no cash, but always had something to trade. I now find myself in the middle of a house sale and move. You guessed it, I need to reduce my inventory of 1/144 Fast Gun and Big Gun Ships.

First I have to offer is a Fast Gun SCHARNHORST:

20160830_135043_resized.jpg
    20160830_135036_resized.jpg
    Scharnhorst is a gutted fiberglass hull. I believe the rudders have been installed to closely together and the hull sheeting was done poorly. Superstructure is not done very well either. I would like to get $100 plus shipping.

Next we have the Big Gun ROMA/LITTORIO:

20160830_134541_resized.jpg 20160830_134550_resized.jpg 20160830_134623_resized.jpg

The Roma is also a fiberglass hull that will virtually be gutted, but can be sold with the already mounted triple rotating/depressing 1/4" guns. I have never tested the guns, so no guarantee on them. As with the Scharnhorst, the sheeting and superstructure job in my opinion are poor, but useable. I would like to get $100 for the ship and if you would want the guns included, $225 plus shipping.

Stay tuned... more to come. Many, many more to come.

2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Those are amazing prices! If I didn't have my Impero already and armed I'd definitely jump on it.

3. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

God what i wouldn't give for a Scharie :D Yall Hush, I can dream :D
    Nikki

4. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

$100 plus shipping for a cut hull with decks and super is not a bad deal.

5. Gary Powell

My thanks to all that have inquired about the ships I have for sale and those not yet posted. This is the first time I have tried selling ships out of my own local area (I want them all to leave California) and I have a lot to learn about shipping these things. I need to pull the ships out and get down to a local UPS shipping center to find out what's involved, so I can provide good answers to everyone that is asking. Please be patient with me as I am in the middle of packing, selling the home and moving. At the same time trying to sell some ships, so I don't have to move them and I'm not doing a very good job of it.

6. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Why do they all need to leave California v

7. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Wrap hull in bubble wrap after putting as many things inside as will fit. Then take a large cardboard box and lay it out flat. Place ship approx one hull width from edge of flat box. Score and fold. Then score and fold the other side. Then slide hull over one score and score and fold the top. Fold ends. Lots of tape so recipient will cuss you mercilessly upon trying to unbox. Take to post office and ship. Easy.

Xanthar and Gary Powell like this.
  8. rcaircraftnut

Also. I am looking for some big gun guns. Let me know what you are willing to part with. Thanks.

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I'm pretty sure I could hear @Tugboat cursing in Georgia when he got the Sachsen I shipped him. Half a roll of duct tape and a roll of packing tape in and on that box. And inside, hahahahah, everything bubble wrapped and taped shut and in place.

Tugboat and rcaircraftnut like this.
  10. Gary Powell

Great help with the suggestion!

11. ship crazy

ship crazy Active Member

Sounds like the way i send ships! Sorry about the unpacking, however I have never had any major damage due to packing practices.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  12. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

I can say from experience that rcaircraftnut's method works well. The Edgar Quinet I purchased from him arrived in good shape.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  13. rcaircraftnut

I just put it back in the box ship crazy sent it to me in, hehe, ie, I cheated!

NASAAN101 likes this.
  14. Gary Powell

For some strange reason I keep thinking I had to find someone to make me a custom fit box, that fit the ship perfectly so that no damage was caused in transit. Sounds like ugly and cheap works fine. I really appreciate the suggestions that everyone has provided. Thank you!!

15. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Be careful of weighty items, I shipped a Warspite to Canada and the motors broke loose from their mountings and punched through the hull several places.

16. ship crazy

ship crazy Active Member

Yes there are some basics that must be followed!!

17. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

like motor mounts that "hold" the motors in place.

18. Gary Powell

The Scharnhorst has been sold and I have one potential buyer for the Roma/Littorio that I have sent additional pictures to. He he decides not to, I will post the additional pictures for everyone.

I really, really, really want to thank everyone for the shipping ideas. They were great and I went up to a local cardboard drop off and rummaged around and found boxes big enough to cut down and ship most anything I want to. Again, THANK YOU! I would suggest it, but I'm sure that there is already an entire thread on how to ships these beasts and it already includes many of these suggestions. If not...hint hint.

19. Captain obvious

Captain obvious Active Member

Would you part with the guns?

20. Gary Powell

I have someone currently interested in both. If they change their mind, than selling them separately would be no problem. Hang in there and I will let you know.