Reloadable Carrier

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by bismarck, Feb 5, 2009.

1. bismarck

bismarck New Member

hello
    some one in our club has come up with the idea of making the carrier catapult reloadable. under current rules they are only 1 shot. then you have to rely on you other catapults and your guns.
    Im looking for imput to see if this is fesable as a rule.

the way its set up is like a convaor belt, as the plane is lanched the catapult is retrated via electric motor, the next plane in line then moves up on the convayor belt, then depositied in a "dimple" in the upper deck, it is in this dimple that the captapult is re attached to the plane, the whole process takes about 10s, from lanch of the first plane to the ready signal of the second.

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

We just gave carriers BB guns to fire.

3. bismarck

bismarck New Member

we have both guns and, planes. the planes are constructed of balsa, and have a metal nose to puncture ships, max range is 7 feet, after that they just put dents in the hulls. the wings are filled with styrofoam to float after impact and are also coated in water proof wing material. we tried full metal planes but the range was drastacly decreased.

4. bismarck

bismarck New Member

the planes can one shot a mid sized ship,

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Anything that can one-shot a cruiser is not something I really want reloading. I love the idea from a technical-challenge aspect, but for fun on the lake, nah.

6. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I would have to quantify Tug's comment with "with a reasonable rate of success"... if it only happened once a summer, I ain't too worried...

7. bismarck

bismarck New Member

see thats what weve been saying, at the moment no carrier can have more that 3 catapults,

8. bismarck

bismarck New Member

carriers are also more vulnerable, they have to get ithing the catapult range to do anything. altho it doesent follow naval tradition where the planes are retived, these are more like one way suicid missions but we belive that it adds historical acuracy to the game by giving the carriers some Bit