Return of old member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Martin Schneider2, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Martin Schneider2

Martin Schneider2 New Member

I was in the hobby shortly after it was created (there was also some west coast too). I was grand nationals champion twice in a row in about 1981 or 82. I left the hobby because my wife and I bought an old house that was in need of restoration and it took all my time. I still have my Tirpitz and Duilio (sp?) I probably am in not good enough shape to do it anymore (I might be able to convince myself otherwise" I could not get into the website but what I wanted was a copy of the rules. I also wondering if anybody heard of Doyle Fluegel or Stan Watkins or James West. My mailing address is Martin Schneider 1710 S Tyler St, Amarillo, Texas 79102

notSoGnarly and Panzer like this.
  2. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

HI MARTIN, don't know if you remember me. Steve Andrews, Marty Hayes son in law. Great to hear your still around and kicking.

3. bkoehler

bkoehler Active Member

Hi Martin, I got into the hobby in 2001. The rules should be publicly viewable without logging in (https://www.ircwcc.org/rules.php). Yes, I have been in touch with Stan (I keep meaning to get over there and see his new shop)

4. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Hey, Martin! This is Chris Pearce, from back in 1985 - hope you've been doing well! Stan and Fluegel are both doing well, although they aren't playing with toy boats anymore. If you like, send me a PM and I can give you their contact info, I'm sure they'd be glad to hear from you.

Be sure to ask Fluegel about his prostate, I'm sure he'd be glad to tell you...

:)

Nomercy likes this.