rpm

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Evil Joker, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

um looking for the best motor for the large pump from BC. i use 6 volts i need help the South Dakota is killing me (my KONIG)

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

This is the motor I have heard as the most recommended for the BC large pump.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJE43&P=ML

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

That's the one to use, get two, always have a spare.

4. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Well the Stinger is not bad, but if you want that little bit more, like 20% or so more flow, a few of us have started using this one I found, it does use 5 or 6 more amps than the Stinger so you need to make sure you have the battery capacity available of course.

Visit this site

These are +, - estimates using a 1 gallon bucket of water, we did test all these and this is what we consistantly came up with.

BC motor, BC Outlet = 1+ gpm, 47 seconds for 1 gallon.
    Stinger motor, BC Outlet = 2+ gpm, 26 seconds for 1 gallon.
    Stinger motor, My Outlet = 3+ gpm, 18 seconds for 1 gallon.
    Titan 12T motor, My Outlet = 4+ gpm, 13 seconds for 1 gallon.

I was told by some, that timing the draining of the water was the wrong way to do it, but I really did not care if our gpm rating was wrong, all I was interested in seeing was if the bucket got emptyied out faster. What I did was put 1 gallon then timed how long it took on average.

Using the last combo, at Rick's we had the outlet at about 4 ft height, sitting on the hood of his truck, and was able to shoot a stream of water over the neighbors 1 car garage, which was 15 ft away from us.

In Don's NC, his stream now shoots out a good 30+ ft, at the November battle all the guys were asking him what the heck was he using for a pump motor.

Now before Nats last year I offered to everyone on the Axis list, a free outlet, and only 2 people bothered taking me up on it, and one of those, Mike was a Allied. I gave more away to the Treaty people than anyone else.

5. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Which makes sense if you think about it. Sinking is how they keep score in treaty so anything that helps you not sink is better. In MWCI/IRCWCC if you're getting pounded on its actually better to sink sometimes. Tim K did an article about it a year or so ago (TF144-2007-4) which shows that sinks are worth relatively few points. Which means that its actually better to sink in some cases (or even declare sunk!) from a gaming point of view than to stick around and soak up damage. Of course a lot of people are scared of sinking or it hurts their ego to much but if you look at the numbers and the game it actually can make sense to sink. Also the more you make sink points worth the juicer the easy sinks like rookies and such become. That said thanks again for sending me some!!

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Pound my ship, points be damned!

On the new site, we may need a special forum (not general access for posting) where hard data like what David did with the pumps and outlets can be posted.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Maybe the sink points should be raised that much higher. Take the largest ship as an example and average out the max damage it could sustain before sinking and then come up with a higher sink point value. Something along that line.

I got one of those pump outlets but the PE I built for bb26 already had an outlet installed. I am going to use those outlets in VDT and Konig so I will give a report once those ships are completed this year. Hopefully before spring.

Think I will try some of those new motors from Tower. Thanks for the links guys. I should pay more attention to the email flyers from Tower Hobbies on deals that I keep getting. hmmm