rudder

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by A77l, Jun 8, 2009.

1. A77l

A77l Member

umm...well how do i hook up my rudder to my boat some pictures on how to do it would be nice :)

2. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

I am seeing a slot of several questions that are basic questions. I would really recommend reading some of the articles from here..
    www.portpolarbear.com/reports/index.html
    Specifically...
    www.portpolarbear.com/reports/Build...20week.htm
    Some more interesting stuff in regards to construction...
    personal.atl.bellsouth.net/t/h/thib...ystems.htm
    personal.atl.bellsouth.net/t/h/thib...lding3.htm
    It seems you may want to do either the Arizona or the Maryland I am not sure which...
    but here is an example of a Maryland out there..
    www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Falls/9795/maryland.htm
    When starting off in a hobby it is best to not try to reinvent the wheel. Look at another persons ship that works well. Imitate/Recreate it ... imitation is often the highest form of flattery. But be mindful of what format the build was done it.
    There is also a build thread on this site here for a Maryland..
    www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/5...fault.aspx
    Research what you want to do. There is plenty of information on the internet and here. Find a guy local to you to get some pointers that jpg's and text will not express.
    www.rcnavalcombat.com/GettingStarte...fault.aspx
    www.modelwarshipcombat.com/contacts.shtml
    IRCMWC does not seem to have a Texas Group..
    Big Gun there is
    www.ntxbg.org/links.php
    The only stupid question is and un-asked question. BUT, uninformed question may not always get the desired response. Now for my caveat... I am building my first boat like you so were both in the same boat.. pun intended =D. So take my advice with a grain of salt but there is a wealth of information out there for you to read.