Rudders almost done

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Tugboat, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Since I epoxied the subdeck/caprail assembly onto Gneisenau's hull yesterday, I needed something to entertain me when I should be studying today.

So, the two rudders for Gneiss Guy are about 1/2way done. Wood around a brass rod, with a layer of fiberglass on top. Tomorrow, I will (on a study break) trim and sand the leading and trailing edges, and put one more thin layer of fiberglass on them and then they will be ready for mounting!

I've salvaged my sole high-torque servo fromt he rudder of Vanguard to turn the rudders on Gneisenau, and the drive motor is hooked to the gearbox, and drives the prop. (only one prop being driven)
    Over this week, I'll be mounting the rudders in the hull, as well as the pump. Plans are to have her sheeted and swimming within 3 weeks (have a test in a week and a half, so it takes longer to get boat stuff done).

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT! Keep up the good study habbits! :)

I now have a "garage" to work in; so I'm hoping to go out there this week & finish glassing the 3&4th props in place & attaching the rudders. DAMN its cold here!

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Cold! hahahahahahah COLD! Try living off the ocean bud! We've got a snap that has lasted three weeks now... it's depressing! LOL Tuggs... when you study ... is there an insert in your book with... I don't know, boat pictures perhaps?