Rules posted!

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Tugboat, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Following a suggestion from James (I think?), I have posted the current version of the Battlestations rules as a sticky topic. The torpedo rules haven't been changed since the rules were posted in the file manager several months ago, as debate is still ongoing. The submarine hull thickness was addressed as proposed, allowing submarines to use 1/16" plating.

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

Tug, you goofed the cap rail section. It was determined earlier on that 3/8" for ships with less than 1" of freeboard remaining and 1/2" for ships with 1" or more freeboard. As soon as the sub debate is officially over, I'll make that plug up for the I-400. in the meantime I'll make a better/new and improved wood hull from the frames I've allready cut (I'll use some cheep luan ply scap for the plug that I have lying around, no sence in wasting good 5-ply:)

3. Tugboat

Absolutely, I use the less-spendy ply for plugs. Do you mean you're waiting on the torpedo discussion?

I'll fix the caprail section, I just cut-and-pasted the ones in the file manager and changed the sub hull plating. Oops!

4. Mark

Mark Active Member

no, I'm waiting on the hull thickness discussion, if there' any. or is it allready decided on?

5. Tugboat

Hehe, you found the caprail error, but didn't see the part you were waiting for? LOL :)

Yes, 1/16" for submarines. Prepare to dive!

6. the frog

the frog Member

Parting is such sweet sorrow. please remove my name and information from the battlestations roster.The taskent was to have 3 rotary 3 barrel 1/4 ball torpedoe launchers.Alas it will not be,I will finish the ship just for the experience and sell it .

7. Tugboat

Frog, the changes to torpedoes weren't posted because we are still talking about it. Torps will be legal with 1/4" ball bearings, we're just figuring out the specifics.

8. the frog

the frog Member

Outstanding

9. Tugboat

Heh. You shouldn't imagine that a former submariner would turn his back on torpedoes...

10. the frog

the frog Member

The only time a submariner should turn his back is if an ASROC is coming his way

11. Tugboat

Hah! find me first :) -50 points if your next post mentions ship-mounted sonar ;)

12. Sharky

Sharky Member

When can we get a rulling on the Torpedos ??

The ship Class i build will be based around
    this New Rule Change......And I want to be on
    the water this Fall [:D]

Sharky

13. the frog

the frog Member

Who needs sonar you can pick them loud props 10 miles away with a tin can on a string

14. Tugboat

Hehe... destroyers are soooo deaf! If they didn't have choppers for help, they'd REALLY be targets. If you want to talk detection range of the screws, I'll be happy to compare 688's to destroyers any day :) It's so cute how they try running on one prop to 'fool' the submarines into thinking they're a merchie :) If I could pinch their lil cheeks right now, I would :)

15. the frog

the frog Member

My DLG had only 1 big 8 blade prop with which to track your vegamatic slicer all over the alantic