Russian 74 Azov build AOS

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by Volkswagen50, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

I'm hunting for a set of plans for the Russian 74 Azov of 1826. I found a set from a russian museum but the language barrier is proving too much. I've found a few sites with ship plans, but none of any of the russian fleets. I've got this pile of left over plywood, balsa and winter is coming fast.
    Thanks! Greg

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Oh, my. I like it! What part of the plans has the language presenting a problem?

3. Volkswagen50

Ordering them! The mueseums website is in english, good english in fact, but I can't get an answer from them on how to order. Judging from the comment section of their website it seems like a common issue, so I will try regular mail today. This may take awhile.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Yeah, sometimes the ordering pages don't play nice with google translate. It looks like a cool ship with a glorious if short history :)

5. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

That's never hurt the popularity of the Bismark.

6. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Sweet! Another age-of-sail build. I wish I had the time to build one for myself, but having four years worth of school crammed into two years of navy training doesn't leave much time for building.

Anyway, I checked my plans collection and lookie what I found!
    http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Portals/0/Users/Kotori87/azov.jpg

Not exactly high resolution, but I hope it helps.

7. Volkswagen50

That's the sheet I have too. Thanks for looking! That one is floating around the intermet, lifted from the museum in St. Petersburg, Russia. They build museum quality models at full size car prices. The full set is 4 sheets I think, but that first one that you posted will be enough to get me started as long as it has legible demensions. I'm looking for a copy place that can make a one sheet blow up of that. Its in 1:100 scale, we need 1:48, right?

8. Volkswagen50

The website for the museum is. www.shipmodel.ru
    No luck with them so far.