Scharnhorst

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by mightyKG5, Aug 17, 2008.

1. mightyKG5

mightyKG5 Member

Hi guys does anybody know how the scharnhorst is in battle because im going to build it for my 4 ship the other ones are done finally but this is my first axis ship im just wanting to know how the work and every thing

2. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Well I can tell you from the other side of the fence for the fast gun version she is a pain in the stern to get a shot off on and actually score. I faced her on the one on one’s at IRCWCC NATS 08 rookie to rookie so there was absolutely no real advantage as far as experience goes. She turns well but has one hell of a ram bow so be very carful. it will leave a hole big enough for a match box to drive thru trust me on that one. My Boston ripped her up in the first day but a last minute rematch on the last day proved fatal. I just threw my ship on the water after my 10 year old had possession of her for two days it wasn’t pretty ( one can only imagine what a board stiff child with a full tackle box and a bottle of CA can accomplish in 2 days. There was crap hanging every where very cool looking if you are 10 oh and did I mention he tweaked my sterns for me ya that’s right wish I had known) so I lost my second one on one to her it was his stern and bow gun against my bow gun both my sterns where ah well shale we say out of commission. And as I stated before she turns on a dime and is low to the water with casements there isn’t much room to score above its all on or below and good luck with that shot. So if you like the looks of WWI ships and like Axis I’d say go for it if you like hit me off list and I will set you up with the other captain’s email you can share dirty axis secrets [;)]

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

wow you build 3 ships in one month. thats pretty good. have you made it to the water for some trials?

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Evil Joker I can tell you that a Scharnhorst is very manueverable for it's length. It responds to very little rudder commands. The low freeboard with the stringer on the sides make it difficult to hit. The narrow stern makes it great to jockey stern to stern. In fast gun it's undergun. When and if I get one for Combat-X setup I would outfit with tripple sterns,50mag ea,divide the 75 unit cannon into a 50 unit and use the maining .25 as either a .25 pump or a .25 torpedoe with spurts of 5 rds per shot. The 50 unit can be used as a sidemount and the remaining 50 unit as a sidemount opposite side. Makes for an all around nasty raider and utilizes the ships turrets better.

Thumbs up for Scharnhorst whatever format.

5. Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    The Sharny at the end of my Sterns [;)] But you can see the lack of area to hit like I said it is a tuff fight

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

WW1 or WW2 Scharnhorst? They are vastly different ships.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

OOPS yeah is it WW1 OR WW2 we are talking about here?

8. Powder Monkey

well re reading his post he said 4 so probably the WWII oh well I tried to help [:D]

9. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Well considering I am still a rookie and the skipper of a scharny is also a rookie. I would say they are not an easy ship to use for MWC. My Des Moines did a good work over on him back in April, but again we both are rookies and have a lot to learn.