Sectional ship

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Lou, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

The goal is to have a battleship you can pack in a regular suitcase and take it with you on the airplane. While you would still need to ship the batteries and bottle, this would cut down on the shipping cost (and hey, it could get lost in either ground or airport so travel at your own risk).
    For this study, I have used a swampy NC hull, this is the one that was the focus of "project overkill".
    Now to the project, I present the bow section:

[​IMG]
    I used an aluminum plate (1/4 thick), didn't do a very good job on the outside as you see the gap, but my skills have improved in the past year. The hardest part for me is the area in the water channeling, this needs to be small as to let the water pass to the stern and the pump waiting for it. The bow portion is easy as you need a lot of water channeling to begin with, so not a big deal. The 5 holes on top are just to remove material (keep it light), the smaller holes are for 6/32 screws. So there is a lot of manual work to setup the boat when you first get there. My goal for this part is to be able to fabricate something like the rifles that can be dissembled...
    [​IMG]
    This boat has been built and float tested, I just need to post the rest of the pictures this week. Stay tuned.

2. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread died an early death. Looks interesting, did it ever get completed?