Servo Reversers

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Kun2112, May 27, 2012.

1. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

I am looking to get a servo reverser for my Gustav V build to control rotate for both mains on the same channel. Has anyone had any experience with the various ones on the market? The Futaba one looks to be the more feature rich with centering, but the module looks like it would be tough to waterproof. It is $40. The EMO looks like it will do the trick at half the price at $20.
    Then the is the Spektrum unit which has ultra micro connectors, but it is only $2-3. I would still need to get a seperate Y harness and make some kind of ultra micro to standard adapter. Is this set up feasable?
    Any imput is welcome.

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Haven't used it, but HobbyKing sells a Turnigy servo reverser that looks dead simple and cheap. You'd likely want to be ordering other things at the same time to make the shipping worthwhile though. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...duct=17033

3. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I wouldn't bother with a reverser at all, just install one of the servos upside down.

4. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Feasible only if he has the internal hull height... it is a relatively small ship.

5. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

In that case, just run the drive belt in a figure 8. You may even be able to get away with one servo if you do this.