Shearwater

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by sinkin321, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hi Guys: Just got an email from Doug Murry about the Shearwater show on April 10th and 11th this year.I have spoken for the tables for us again this year ( hope no one minds ). I have asked for the same spots at the back by the bells again but we are limited to 6 tables this year. All groups are limited to the 6 but in that spot i can bring in 2 of my tables and make a bigger spot.

2. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Excellent John! I will make myself available to help you set up on Friday the 9th. I have a table as well and access to two more if we need them.
    Lets put the call out now, who can come out when to work the show. I can be there both days. I will need a ride for one of them, probably Sat. I'll make sure I have the van on Sunday to take stuff out.
    J

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I will see what i can do. On current scheduling I can be there on the Saturday only

4. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Jay: with the 6 that we get and the two small ones i have that is all we need. Its not the number of tables that is the problem its space. The museum has added a plane or two so there is less room

5. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Guys: its a bit early to volenteer so i think the middle of Mar. we will know better, also i think that is the Maritime show.

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Kim and I will be out of the country that week so I can't attend the Shearwater show. I've sold most of my completed models but can loan the Minotaur for display after a cosmetic refit. At least one set of the new I-400 components will have been finished and will probably be in Jay's hands by then.
    Bob

7. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

If everything stays on track I will be unavailable as I will be on the boat March 24 until April 19.

8. Jay Jennings

Hi all, just confirmed the Maritime Museum show is May 1&2, John was concerned that the two shows would fall on the same weekend. More to follow on this, I don't intend to hijack this thread.
    J

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It looks like I wont be available the weekend of the Shearwater show. from the 1st to 8th I will be out of the country.

10. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It looks like I wont be available the weekend of the Shearwater show. from the 1st to 8th I will be out of the country.

11. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Hi Guys:
    The show is coming fast and I would like to know if there is going to be anyone at this and the MMA show. I have 6 tables for shearwater and Jay has the same display as last year for MMA. The time to find out who is coming is now here so if we have to bow out we can give lots of notice. So if you can help with these two shows let us know ASAP please. If there is no response then we can cancel these on Mar 29th so we need to know by Mar. 25

12. Bob Pottle

Hi John,
    I can attend the Shearwater show Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and will bring HMS Gorgon and Minotaur. There will be no new I-400 hull to display due to a few defects in the starboard half of the lower hull mold. I can't fix them until the weather is warm enough to apply gelcoat and leave it outside to cure overnight. Should we hold an informal club meeting (combined NABS and NATCF) during the show?
    I've seen two dates posted for the Museum show, initially May 1-2 (when I'll be out of the country) and more recently April 24-25. I'm on call that weekend and will be packing for vacation so probably won't have time to attend.
    Bob

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

As I am back in the country early on the 9th, I can attend the saturday for Shearwater.

14. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

great: 6 tables and two small ones for the tv/dvd and the firing box. I have the Tirptiz, lutzow, roberts, mogami, cargo ship, Z39 and some signs.
    I went ahead and picked up the table cloth for the 2 shows as it is cost plus 10% at work and its a 300' roll. They are charging $5.00 per table if not covered so we do need it. If i have the names of the ships i will make the signs for all

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

You can add the SMS Prinz Eugen to the list.I will have the USS Tennessee.It wont be completed but should give people an idea of a ship under construction.

16. Bob Pottle

John,
    I already have 8.5 x 11" signs for Minotaur and Gorgon. Will also bring my photo book from the early years of NABS.
    Bob

17. Jay Jennings

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around lately, having some renos/repairs done. There should be no issue of me attending Shearwater either day and maybe even both ( if I can get a pass from the boss ;) ). I will bring Sharnhorst, she isn't resheeted yet and will be a fine example of what a damaged boat will look like. I will contact the Steves, although the home show is that weekend so Steve H will not likely be at Shearwater. I will get Uganda though. I will also contact Dave and Terry. John any time you want to swing by let me know, I am home all weekend.
    As a thought, would there be room for a 'construction section' we could put a plug and mold there, might make it easier to explain the hull making process.
    J

18. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I believe the home show is next weekend at exhib ition park. But I should be available for the saturday.

19. Jay Jennings

The home show is the same weekend as the Shearwater show.
    J

20. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

The home show is this weekend, I will be there at our booth so it better be there or i'll just be standing in a barn