Sketchup Question

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by U.S.S. Arazona, Feb 25, 2014.

1. U.S.S. Arazona

U.S.S. Arazona Active Member

How do you all import the deck plans into sketchup? The files are too large for sketchup to use, and when I resize them for importation and then blow them up, it's almost too blurry to work with. I'm probably missing something simple, but I don't know what?:plain:

2. Remo

Remo New Member

How are they to large ? Does sketchup give you an error or is it just very slugish to use ?
    I'v used some pretty large image files in sketchup and Delfship without problems , it might simply be a memory issue (but then I have 48BG ram in the MacPro) , are you using a 64bit OS ?

3. U.S.S. Arazona

SketchUp only allows pictures with a pixel size of 1024x1024 pixels. For reference, the Kronshtadt plans listed in the free plans section are over 10,000 pixels long, with the widest rib being just a bit under the size limit:mad:

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I haven't run into that, and I've used files well over that limit. Are you using the File-->Import function? I just now imported a 3kx1.5k image to test it and make sure, and had no problems...

5. U.S.S. Arazona

I am, It might just be the file I was using, but it wouldn't import until I resized it. I'll try another file here in a bit and see if that works.

6. U.S.S. Arazona

It worked with a different file, now to figure out why it won't work with the other one.

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Check the format of the other file that doesn't work. jpgs work, no problem.

8. U.S.S. Arazona

It was a PDF converted to a JPG, it's probably the way it was converted that made it mess up.