SLA for a Konig ?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by t_josef, Mar 4, 2009.

1. t_josef

t_josef Member

What sort of of amp/hour should I be looking at for a 5 unit battle ship (Konig)
    It seems like I could fit 1 SLA 9-10 amp/hr without totally dominating all my weight & Still build like a rookie.

Ideas?

Tom

2. t_josef

t_josef Member

More info :

Running a single motor w/ Viper 20. 4 solenoids & a pump. Looking for a 12 volt system (for the solenoids)

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I'm running 2 6v 12amp for 6v 24 amp in my Konig.

4. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

same for me two 6v 12amp

5. t_josef

t_josef Member

So would I be able to get away with one 10 amp battery?...or will it fall short on battle day?

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

It really depends on the current draw from your motors(drive and pump, solenoids are negligible) but I doubt that 10AHr is enough. Do you have any idea what current your motors draw under load? Most class 5 and greater ships run 20+, class 4 ships can be a little tricky to get enough juice in due to weight and space constraints, generally speaking. Remember you don't get to change battles between sorties like the little ships do.

7. t_josef

t_josef Member

time to rethink batteries

8. t_josef

t_josef Member

OK, new thought...

I already have the solenoids. (they run best on a 12 volt system) but the 6 volts seem to have more amp per pound than the 12 volt batteries.

Is it possible to run the motors on the tandem 6 volt batteries running aprox. 24 amp hours, and run the solenoids at the same time (through a different wiring harness off of the same batteries) as a 12 volt system? I'm not an electrical engineer (as my photo shows) so any help is appreciated.

Tom

9. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I run my solenoids off of the house 6volt system with an extra receiver battery wired in in series for 12 volts. My friend has a 12v AAA battery pack wired up out of nihm's for firing solenoids.

10. t_josef

t_josef Member

Thanks Ice, that makes sense.

Today I asked a physics teacher how to do it, and he said it was very possible...(with three batteries.)