Sold: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by FightingSteel, May 11, 2012.

1. FightingSteel

FightingSteel New Member

I apologize for this being my first post on this forum, but I have a fiberglass DKM Adm. Scheer/Graf Spee hull I won't be using and would like to sell. I posted this on a couple of R/C sites and received little interest, so I thought I would try an R/C combat forum.
    It is 1/144, a hull by Ralph Coles I'm told. Also has rough cut plywood decking. Bulged hull instead of slab side like some others. The hull had imperfections when I received it, so I started filling and sanding those areas. Shouldn't be any issue for an experienced builder.
    I'll sell it for $75 to just get rid of it. I can get more pictures or information on it if anyone is interested. Thanks.
    hull.jpg

2. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale
    I maybe interested in the hull. What are the dimensions of the hull? Can you please post some pictures of the areas that you have repaired and sanded, plus some side and bottom profiles? Thanks.
    Ken

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale You'll end up cutting the bad spots out away. If something is really bad just move the ribs around the bad spot. Over time the bbs ship away at the hull and you repair the gel coat. Ralf makes good hull and the Spee is a nice CA.

4. FightingSteel

FightingSteel New Member

Sure, I can take a couple of pictures of those areas, but I really didn't think about the combat aspect. I was going to build this as a working model, not a combat ship. I would say most of the filled in areas on the side would be gone if you cut it up with the ribs/"windows." I bought this from a guy that did warship combat, which may explain why he wasn't as fazed as I was about the areas needing to be filled.
    I don't have exact measurements right now, but it's about 50 inches long. Maybe $20 something to ship depending on distance? I'm in Central MO.

5. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale I would be building it under the Big Gun ruleset here in VA. I already have the Wisconsin and Arizona. I would like to have an Axis ship for some convoy raiding :eek:)

6. Captkonig

Captkonig Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale Ken,

Where are you in VA? I've been hoping to find big gun folks I can meet with. I have several ships I would like set up for big gun. Have been fast gun.

I'm in N. VA. near Woodbridge.

Thanks, Bob

7. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Bob,
    I sent you a PM with our information.

8. FightingSteel

FightingSteel New Member

Here are some pictures of the hull when I got it. It shows the side and some of the imperfections it has.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/...G_1561.jpg
    http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/...G_1563.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/...G_1562.jpg
    http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/...G_1564.jpg

Also, a picture of a partially completed Graf Spee using the hull type:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/vipe155/rcship022.jpg

Anyone can always make me an offer on this. I also have full scale plans for the Admiral Scheer/Spee/Lutzow, and would consider including them for a few extra bucks. Also have some Grey Wolf Squadron parts, motors for propulsion, etc. if anyone is interested.

9. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale Are full scale plans in 1:144 scale and who produced the plans, Strike Models, Battlers Connection etc . . .

What has has been done to the Graf Spree? Was it built as a Fast Gun ship, Treaty or a Big Gun ship?

10. FightingSteel

FightingSteel New Member

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale Strike Models plans. I don't know what kind of ship the one in the picture is. It's just a picture the guy sent me of a Graf Spee model he was doing with the same kind of hull this one is. Ontario Attack Force was the club I believe.

I honestly am not into (and don't know anything about) the combat aspect as I was planning on just making a scale Scheer.

11. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

I sent a PM to you. It should be in your inbox. The reason for the questions about Graf Spree, the different clubs have differnet rules with regard to combat ship builds and it would make a difference for someone who would be interested in in purchasing her.

12. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

RE: Admiral Scheer/Graf Spee hull for sale Ken, I believe he is selling just a hull. The completed ship he showed you a picture of is just a running model, none of the windows have been cut. I believe Mark from the OAF still has it for sale. I also have a hull from this same mold and it is 1:144 scale.

13. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Thanks Brother, I had a brain fart. How was the build?