[SOLD]Fluegel Ships for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Renodemona, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Fluegel asked me to put notice of ships for sale
    Baden great guns beautiful ship box $350
    Scharnhorst with a beautiful superstructure $400
    Please email Jeff: lidedds@yahoo.com

These are great ships, lots of history. The Scharnhorst won best of scale in 1990, might be the prettiest Scharny in the hobby.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale What will Herr Fluegel be driving, then?

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale email sent. Hopefully I got it right. Any chance of pictures?

4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale I don't have any pictures or anything, I'm just the electronic middle man. Kind of the shadow broker of model warship sales. But less(ish) evil?

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale
    I seriously doubt there will be any pictures.

The Baden has been around for a long time and there are tons of pictures from past MWCI Nats or other events on the Port Polar Bear website. It is painted a light shade of grey so much so it looks white. It is a fantastic turner and was/is my inspiration for my quest to get the ultimate turn out of my Baden. I remember watching it spin like a pinwheel at Nats 2010. I suggest the new owner does NOT touch the drive shaft or rudders. I don't think it can get any better than it is. It is a piece of history and if I didn't already have a Baden I would get it.

I have never seen the scharny
    He still has the VDT..

6. jch72

jch72 Active Member

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale Fluegel's Scharnhorst was beautiful. First saw it at the Knoxville Nats in 1989 where it took best of scale. It inspired me to build my own Scharnhorst later. The last Nats it was in was the 1990 Nats. It didn't win best of scale that year, there was a museum class model of the Roma there. I believe this model was last reskinned after that Nats. Probably has great examples of the older technology inside, but don't expect solenoids and the like. It would need a complete refit to bring it up to today's standards, and probably needs the water bath for the gas tanks removed. It was pre CO2. The superstructure is aircraft plywood. I think the deck was planked, but I am not positive. Any of Fluegel's old ships should be treated with TLC, they have some historical significance to them as he is the original axis captain in warship combat.

Ron Hunt

7. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale I had the opportunity to talk to Fluegel over the Christmas break. He lives 3 miles door to door from my parents. A real class act and wonderful ship crafter. I opt to use crafter over builder because his ships are just wonderful. He now battles a VDT if I remember correctly. I just remember it had 4 shaft and tandem rudders. A lot of R&D plus some fatastic detail on his ships. If I didn't already have enough projects for two people then I would snatch one up.
    Das Butts

8. USS Alabama

USS Alabama Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale Hi das butts, could you ask him how much he would be willing to sell them for?

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale Please stop posting on every old for-sale thread. If youre interested in an old for-sale thread, please use private messages to contact the original poster.

10. USS Alabama

USS Alabama Member

RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale Sure nick

11. jch72

jch72 Active Member

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    RE: Fluegel Ships for Sale Thread is done, ships are sold and delivered. I bought the Scharnhorst and viciousp bought the Baden. Hopefully we will get them updated and repaired better than new over the next few years. These two ships really are extraordinary and historical builds but need expert TLC to return them to combat readiness.
    Ron Hunt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.