[SOLD]HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Ian, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Member

1/144 scale Hood was disarmed and I have purchased but have not installed new cannons
    I have a radio, CO2 bottle and batteries for hood
    I have in 1/144 Tirpitz, a Renown hull and KGV hull
    Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I don't know exacty how much I want, but reasonable offers will be considered

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle Ian do you have any pictures to post?

3. Ian

Ian Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle I have long since forgotten how to upload pictures on here... but I can certainly email them to anyone who wishes to see

4. Ian

Ian Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle

[​IMG]

5. NATIVE79

NATIVE79 New Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle Is it still for sale?

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle Good question. Wish I could purchase her. That's Bob's finest model without a doubt.

7. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle Sweet looking ship

8. Logan

Logan New Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle
    How much do you want? I'm a beging model ship battler and I would like it.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle I think that Bob had already repurchased it and is working on reparing and refitting it .

10. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

RE: HMS Hood built by Bob Pottle The hood is definitely not a good beginner ship anyways. You need to do some research, and get an idea for what works and what doesnt. These ships are a pretty huge investment, and you don't want to drop a thousand dollars on a ship then find out it's awful.

11. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

yes they are very big investments and ive been told also there are some ships that you need to figure out what cannons work best for the battler. also the bigger the ship the more expensive and this is a big ship go to smaller ones. and also when u buy a ship the seller will usually tell u if its good for beginners or not.

12. Ian

Ian Member

sorry everyone, I've been gone for a couple months... Navy business... anyways yes Hood has been sold

13. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The Hood has been back in my workshop for a few months but has yet to be completely rearmed. I have all of the original guns with brass turntables that feature pivotting (vertically) BB cannon mounts and brass bolts to fine tune gun elevation. I hadn't sold the 180 degree geared rotation system for Y turret as it was intended to go into Vanguard with Hood's guns.
    The model was not a good battler (and was never expected to be). Like the Courageous that preceeded her the dual stern guns proved useless because of Hood's wide turning circle. The captains of any intended targets could easily see what was coming and move. Courageous was fitted with two 1.5 unit sidemounts under local (NABS rules) and wasn't too bad as a run and gun ship. The low aft turret was in a particularly good location close to the waterline. Hoods' Y turret is even lower; like the real ship she runs with the quarterdeck almost awash.
    The original armament was the rotating Y turret, dual stern guns in X turret, and sidemounts in A and B turrets. The new armament will be the rotating Y turret , sidemounts in B and X turrets, and a bow gun in A turret trained out 15 degrees on the oppositie side of B turret.
    The reduction gear drive system is fine, as is the original Camurati pump. I have another pump to install next to it. The pneumatic system is new (installed by Ian and me before he decided to sell the model) and simplified. The cosmetics suffered damage during the 5+ years Hood was in other hands and some missing superstructure and mast components need to be replaced. A new silk battle ensign (correct scale size) is waiting to be installed on the replacement main mast.
    Bob

14. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi Bob, I hope you will post pics, Hood is a beautiful model and it would be a shame if she was not enjoyed by all who frequent these forums.
    J

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I been debating about getting a Hood hull as I have an excellent set of plans of the ship with a comlete break dow 3d of the superstructure levels and shapes. I would have to run it in light condition to try to get the quarterdeck up a little seeing as the water here has almost a constant chop. I most likely would build it as a runner.

Good to see the Hood back in your ship yard Bob. Looking forward to seeing pics of it post refit

16. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

My first ship is Bismarck but I do believe my second will be the Hood >:) the English knew how to make some pretty ships along with the Germans

17. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Oh and what is the status on the tirpitz you mentioned?

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

My Tirpitz is on hold till NC and Prinz Eugen are built.

19. USS Alabama

USS Alabama Member

How much is the Prince Eugen?

20. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

i dont think the prince eugen is for sale