SOLD: Vanguard wood hull for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Tugboat, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

This is one of the two Vanguard hulls seen in the MWCI-SAS howto on building hulls. It has been in the water, and still has the balsa on it, and the driveshafts and rudder are in place. There is a rudimentary superstructure (enough that you won't be accused of being an aircraft carrier :) The thru-deck penetrations for the main turrets are 3"dia PVC. The rudder is made of brass and would quite likely cleave a destroyer in two if used properly :)
    I'm selling it because although I love the ship, I am moving in a different direction (1/96 scale) and need the room. Asking $300obo + shipping. Needs work to battle, obviously, but a good solid hull.

2. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale Vangaurd is huge !You think i can get most of the parts from the BC team? seeing that its an eigth unit and they sell that cannon kit? also maybe i could fit a yamato hardware kit if its similar or extremely alike... im kinda just brain storming here...

3. Tugboat

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale It's a 7 unit battleship, I've got a couple of cannons I could probably send with it. You'd need to buy some more from BC, but you wouldn't need a hardware kit, that's rudders and driveshafts, and the rudder and driveshafts are already installed. If you actually buy it, I might find a BC pump somewhere to throw in.

4. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale So basicalt it's 3/4 of the ship?

5. Tugboat

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale It's the ship part of the ship, ready for motors, gearboxes, and a pump, then electrical stuff, CO2 stuff, and guns. But since I've been talking with your dad, he knows what my recommendation is :) I'd love to sell it to you, but you've sounded like you really want a North Carolina, and with a father willing to help you get it running and maintain it, that's probably your best bet at this point.

6. Tugboat

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale SOLD!

7. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

RE: Vanguard wood hull for sale If anyone is looking for a fiberglass 1/144 Vanguard hull I can make one. High quality, made from detailed hull plans and featuring not only the main armour belt but also the secondary armour belts extending almost to bow and stern.

Steve Hill of NABS consulted me on his main and secondary turret mold masters for Vanguard in April, so the molds must be finished by now.

Bob Pottle
    NABS