SOLD!!! Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by mechatech, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mechatech

mechatech New Member

SOLD!

Don't have a ship for the upcoming battle? This may be the answer.

I bought this about 3 or 4 years ago but never used it . I'm in the process of restoring a car and I'm cutting back on many things. I live in the same neighbourhood as stokamoto (Curt Stokes) and he helped arrange purchase back then. Curt may add comments here later. The ship was built by Bob Pottle who also made the original hull. I've been told that it had a successful combat history and the ship itself is a good one for battling in general. A well balanced ship.

After receiving it I cleaned it up, resheeted the hull and gave it a coat of paint. Last year Curt took to NS for battle where it performed well.
    Its history en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Warspite_%2803%29
    The specs
    • speed 26 seconds over 100 feet, no ESC or resistors required
    • 4 cannon, twin stern, one port and one starboard sidemount
    • two 550 motors
    • 4 - 50 BB mags with Carl Camurati pump giving 5 units, however the ship is a 5.5 unit allowing the addition of one 75 BB mag
    • twin rudders operated by a push pull rod through a gear system
    • weight approx. 24-28 lbs fully loaded
    • Lenght OA 53 inches
    • Beam 8.7 inches
    • Height OA, less masts, approx. 8 inches
    • hull, superstructure and turrets are fiberglass, deck hatches are styrene backed lexan. Stern hatch was split, the styrene was used to repair and also helps reinforce the rather bittle lexan.
    • will take a 3.5 or 4 oz bottle. Can also take a 7 oz bottle but will be bow heavy.

The details
    • Resheeted hull, only saw battle in NS last year
    • pnumatics either refurbished or replaced, new hoses
    • new pump switch
    • new internal armor
    • new universal joints
    • motors and pump work fine, final drive gear boxes lubed
    • new gun mags, Curt helped me set up and install these then tune them
    • new push pull rods for steering system and pump switch
    • new deck hold downs
    • fresh paint
    • includes Futaba 4 channel radio with tool dipped receiver, its battery and 4 servos. Freq is 75.630 MHz. There is no water tight box as all the radio components are tool dipped. It is a method Curt uses in all his ships and it works.
    There is some drive train noise. The motor mounts may need some tweaking to quiet it down.
    Can be used for treaty with slight modifications.
    Might need some minor cosmetic work, other than that its tested and ready to go. All you need is batteries, BB's and a gas bottle with regulator.There are a few BB's still rolling around between the outer and inner hulls that I couldn't fish out. The crate I made has a compartments at each end for holding the radio, BB's and batteries.

Price is $800 negotiable plus freight. Payment and shipping details below.

01.gif
    02.gif
    03.gif
    04.gif
    05.gif
    06.gif
    07.gif
    08.gif
    09.gif
    10.gif
    11.gif
    12.gif
    13.gif
    14.gif
    15.gif
    16.gif
    17.gif
    18.gif
    19.gif
    20.gif
    21.gif
    22.gif
    23.gif
    24.gif
    25.gif
    26.gif
    27.gif
    28.gif
    29.gif
    30.gif
    31.gif
    35.gif
    36.gif
    37.gif

Shipping in Canada.
    Approx $65-$75 by freight. I plan on using Sameday / Day and Ross. It is far cheaper then Fedex, UPS, or Purolator and I have used them twice to ship car parts to and from Ontario. I know of one bad experience cost wise in dealing with Purolator

Shipping to the US.
    All shipping is for an insured and declared value of $800 Can. The exchange rate is around 1-3% so its not much difference to US$.
    Sameday / Day & Ross $98
    UPS $120
    Fedex $119
    All are by ground and take about 2 weeks.
    If anyone wants to check shipping to their particular location here's what you need
    • size 57" x 12" x 12" (its actually 56.5 x 11.3 x 11.3 but the shipper sites want rounded numbers)
    • weight 40 lbs
    • my zip code A1C 2M8
    • my state Newfoundland, Canada
    If the shipping companies size the crate at 11 x 11 instead of 12 x 12 the costs might drop $10.
    Payment
    Payment in money order (postal or bank) only. No checks or PayPal.
    I have had questions regarding payment from the US. The best method is International Postal Money Order (pink colored). Our post offices will cash these.
    They will not take the domestic green colored one no matter what your post office may tell you. I would have to check with the bank regarding bank money orders.
    moneyorderus.jpg

2. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR
    now that is one nice ship!, epicly good condition and detail, if only it were Big Gun and you lived in australia:crying:, for $800 Bargain! hope this sells, be a shame not to use it in combat, good luck with the sale!

3. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Wow! That is one nice looking ship.
    Are you sure that Bob doesn't want it back?
    Mikey

4. HorribleHarry

HorribleHarry Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR
    Beautiful ship.

5. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR That ship is almost too good looking to use in combat, if only I had a spare eight bills lying around.

--Chase

6. mechatech

mechatech New Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Please check my opening post as I have some edits.

7. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR It is beautiful! wow I am also wishing I had the money! It would be a good buy!
    Buddy

8. mechatech

mechatech New Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Thanks for the compliments and interest. I upsized the print to ease reading. At least for me I find it a bit small.

9. ship crazy

ship crazy Active Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Contact me on $800.00 negotiable price.

10. ship crazy

ship crazy Active Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Just checked with my post office and they do have the pink international postal money order usps

11. crackerzach

crackerzach Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Have you found a buyer yet?

12. ship crazy

ship crazy Active Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR Have you found a buyer?

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

RE: Warspite for sale - $800 negotiable - RTR I will let the owner know your inquring. I t hink he hasn't checked the posts the last few days.

14. mechatech

mechatech New Member

The ship has been sold. Thanks to all who showed interest.

15. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

As the successful buyer, I look forward to receiving the new addition to the southern California armada. Mechatech was very good to work with on the sale.

Oh, and I've already had three other local battlers offer to buy it from me!

16. MWC13

MWC13 Member

Very true. It's a very popular ship. Does this mean the California will not be the first one on the water? You need to make it to another build session when your schedule lightens up.

17. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

We'll see how much work the Warspite will take once it gets here, but it's probably closer to combat ready than California.

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

It is ready for combat just needs batteries and a co2 bottle. Guns may be need to retweaked after the ship is delivered. I used it in combat and the QE class is a great class to combat with and against. I found it to be one of the most competitive models to fight against in the right hands if not the most competive I ever had to fight against using my Bismarck and Yamato.

19. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It is a great ship to battle with. it performed well in Fredericton 2 years ago.