SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by vicious p, Jan 5, 2009.

1. vicious p

vicious p Well-Known Member

I bought this ship from a guy out West in the WWCC just a few months back. But seeing as im working on completing my big gun DKM Graf Spee and im wanting to build another fast gun ship to play around with the local NC guys and travel around with them. So of them has to go. So i think ill keep the boat that i actually built, this ship is just to pretty for me.

The ship has 2X pumps, four 7/32 double barreled cannons. Ill put some pictures up soon. All this ship needs is batteries and (2) 9oz. co2 bottles regulators and a radio and receiver. Id like $750 plus shipping. I may also consider trades. thanks

Pics soon to come.

2. vicious p

RE: WTS/WTT SMS Hindenberg
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Heres a few pictures... Sorry it took so long been a little busy. Need to get this big gunner sold so i can help fund my fast gun Bismarck build. Make me an offer!!

3. Darist

Darist New Member

RE: For Sale!! SMS Hindenberg update: w/pics How many channels does it require? Shoot me an Email then we can talk. williamshopik@hotmail.com

4. vicious p

RE: For Sale!! SMS Hindenberg update: w/pics I run it on a dx6i 6 channel radio.

1 for forward/reverse
    1 for pump
    1 for rudder
    1 for gun rotation
    1 for depression of guns
    and 1 for firing

5. Darist

Darist New Member

Hey, thought that I would let you know that the ship came in and that I am getting everything lined up to start working on her. I have a question about the electrical, (I am running a spectrum 6) it seems that the batt and the thro are the same on your ship and I can't get the depresion to work. What size of CO bottle did you use as well what type/size of battery and what was the fitting that you kept so that I may get it replaced.
    With the fire control, the servo goes left or right and that fire bow and stern guns. If I use one of the toggle switchs for this function it is either always left or right, will this waste all the CO if I do it that way?

-Will

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

As the post at the top of the thread says, this boat used 2x 9oz bottles. I have no idea what batteries it used. The standard radio layout is throttle and steering on one stick, rotation and firing on the other stick, depression on a dial or switch. Most WWCC pumps are automatic, but if they are not they would go on a switch. If the firing servo is on a two position toggle switch, it will always be pressing one of the firing buttons, which opens the valve of that cannon and wastes gas. The firing servo must not be pressing any button in its normal position, so it is usually on a stick, so the center and throw can be adjusted. I suppose you could put it on a dial or three position switch, but I think the stick is more natural.

Could you describe the electrical issue a bit more? I have heard another person complain about the wiring in a ship bought from the guy who originally build your model. If vicious p hasn't cleaned it up, I would not be surprised if it's still a bit of a rat's nest that is difficult to sort out.

Depression is a dark issue to deal with. Whatever happens, things can only get better, so don't kill yourself. You can get help, that's what we are all here for.
    Unlike most big gun clubs, the WWCC installs gun barrels at about scale height. This doesn't leave much room to work with, making it very difficult to make reliable depression systems. The small size means that smaller servos are used that may not have the strength to pull the gun barrels down. It may also be that the receiver can't put out enough power to all the servos when they are under load. There are two possible solutions to the first problem. One, install stronger servos, although this may require increasing the height of the barrels to gain space. Two, use a different material to connect the gun barrels to the barrel stubs in the magazine. Using a softer rubber tube will make it easier to flex that joint. Be careful to test that whatever you select still holds the barrels in place, or the barrels may pop off in combat and sink. The solution for the other potential problem is to provide another power source for the servos, like a RX battery. A solution to both problems is to simply remove the depression system until you get the rest of the boat working the way you want. It is extra complexity that you don't necessarily need. The ships that have won "most reliable ship" in the WWCC recently do not have depression, and neither will the VUs that Kotori and I are building. I would rather have a boat that always kicks some butt than boat that sometimes kicks all butt.

7. Darist

Darist New Member

Thanks for the reply, I after getting my hand dirty and just guessing and testing I have the electrical worked out. (for now)

"Depression is a dark issue to deal with. Whatever happens, things can only get better, so don't kill yourself. You can get help, that's what we are all here for." Had to say that on Friday the 13th. HA!
    Good to know that tip with the fire control I'll make the change and I'll be sure to watch if my minis won't cut the depression.
    Next thing to sort through are the airlines, Neils out this weekend but said he'd get back to me.