Source for a Vittorio Veneto Fiberglass Hull

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Sharky, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Sharky

Sharky Member

I can't remember who was doing these years ago
    but i'm looking for one...

Any Help would be great...

Jeff Sharp

2. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Not sure who makes the hull anymore Carl has the Littorio I used her at IRCWCC NATS 08 what a beautiful ship, fast, sleek, and great turning was able to hang with Rob and Dave in there Sodak’s. If I was ever to go Axis this would be my vessel of destruction good luck finding one and happy Hunting .

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Ralph Coles makes a VV hull.

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Jeff,
    If you want a Littorio/VV hull you should contact Ralph Coles now. He bought his final lot of resin and fiberglass for this years' hull production 2 days ago. When it's gone there will be no more hulls from Ralph until 2009 (or possibly ever).

Ralph is more interested in making new hull molds for the hobby than making hulls from them to sell. He doesn't have an adequate facility to make hulls in large quantities or year round and would prefer that someone with such a facility buy his collection of molds and take over hull production.

He recently got Paypal to make purchasing his hulls a smoother and faster process. He's taking orders until he runs out of material or the weather gets too cold (his work area isn't heated).

His email is : ralphster30@hotmail.com

Bob

5. Sharky

Sharky Member

Bob,
    Thanks !!!! I had a VV Hull years ago and got it
    from Mike Deskin and just could not remember who made
    it and once you said Ralph it all come back !!!

E-mail sent to Ralph...

Thanks Again !!!!!

Jeff Sharp
    Ohio

6. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I've seen one of the hulls. Very nice work. The ship has great gun placement. I think if you put some sort of elevate on the stern guns they could become quite interesting.
    Thanks,

7. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Ralph Coles hates laying up those hulls due to the weird side configuration, but will continue to make them if wanted.

Bob

8. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I'm adding glass and resin to the inside of my BC Yamato hull in the area of the armor belt. After I get it built up with 5 layers or so, I plan to file the armor belt down to where it is easier to sheet.