Spectrum Issue

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by CURT, Sep 23, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I am having an issue with my Spectrum DX5ei binding to my receivor. I had it working but when I went to the lake yesterday and turned it on all the lights were flashing. I thought it might be low batteries but there was no warning beeps that go with the flashing. This was tested on the table in the model all hooked up and I had no issue. Checked the recieivor battery and tried different ones and the servos have power. I tried to rebind the Tx to the recievor but it just kept searching and searching. Sometimes it would lock on but nothing was responding. I haven't called spectrum yet. The only thing I can think of is the TX was knocked off the shelf but I caught it however I had snapped the Large toggle switch that you use to bind the radio to the receivor. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it seeing as the system was working fine before that . I do have the receivor tool dipped however I had tested it afterward and it was just fine. I may have to remove the tooldip so that I can get access to the binding port and put that little binding crystal back in to rebind the connection again. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I have another Spectrum identical to this one in the Missouri and I have had no issues with it since the connection was established.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I had a BEC burnout and my receiver initially did the same thing.. it burned out the power pins on the receiver so I could power it from a different set of pins and attempt to bind it but wouldn't work with power connected to the power pins of the receiver.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hmmm....interesting. I found the binding plug so I am going to attempt to rebind the connection again and see if that works.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The radio issues have been resolved. Just had to rebind the radio. All good now.