SPURT gun question

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Tugboat, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

This is an offshoot of the Orfey DD thread... For the guys who have built spurt guns, do you use an O-ring (or a geek breech), or just an open tube?

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I've built some (intentionally and not) that use the O-ring breech.... you still want the O-ring there (or some other breech to let the pressure spike behind the round), you just change or remove the selector.

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Can be either, only difference between them and the single shot is leaving out the bb selection "T". Can use a elbow fitting and have two gas sources one at the curve and one at the back.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Thanks guys :)

5. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I have built a couple spurt-guns with an o-ring breech. And one with a Geek breech. Pretty much the same except that I liked to adjust my spurt-guns, so having the
    the adjuster nut was nice.
    I also simply took the piston out of a Swampy cannon. That worked well also. And it gave me the ability to go from single shot 50 rounds, to spurts, with just a few minutes
    of work.
    I was running a Gloire class light cruiser, and either a Mogador, or Le Terrible class super-destroyer at the time. So room and weight were not as big of a deal as it might
    be with some of the smaller stuff out there.
    Mikey