State of 1:72 in Washington

Discussion in 'Queen's Own 1/72' started by Kotori87, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Is there anyone still doing 1:72 scale combat in Washington, or interested in 1:72 scale combat in Washington? I have several boats, complete or nearly complete, that I am driving up north. I will be bringing them to the Fast Gun battle this Sunday, for anyone who is interested.

2. TorpCruiser

TorpCruiser Active Member

I'm interested!

3. notSoGnarly

notSoGnarly Well-Known Member

So about double the size?
    I'd love to see the pictures but I think my wife would put me to sea on a 1:72 battleship if I added that to the fleet

4. Seventy Two

Seventy Two Member

Howdy everyone. Queens Own 1/72nd scale in Washington/Oregon hasn't had any activity for about six years now.
    We lost our pond and most of the key members that could build boats and guns for the club.
    I do have a couple of ships under construction and a buddy of mine might be willing to play if/when I can get them up and running.
    They are about 85% complete. If I can get two or three boats combat ready, I would offer two of them as loaners. You show up at the pond and I hand you the transmitter.
    That way you don't have to buy or build a boat for a club that may or may not have any more events.
    Also, there are about three members of the evil Axis empire down around the Portland area. I think maybe if we could get 3/4 allied ships ready, and find a suitable pond, we might be able to put something together.
    Thanks for the interest and let me know what I can do to help.

5. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    I gave these to Katori in hopes they will find a good home and a useful purpose instead of collecting dust. 3 of the 4 boats have the guns and some have servos, ZH1 & ZH2 are good starter boats, and the best boat is the B110. The French DD is an armed 3-gun boat that needs work, but the guns did work well (2016). Thank you Katori.

GO EVIL AXIS!

notSoGnarly likes this.
  6. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Are you guys going to join us at the pond in July?