switch & speed control

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Evil Joker, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

2. pba

pba Active Member

I ordered 10 of these when they were on sale for 10$ They work great I dipped the whole unit in liquid tape and they have never failed. Just remember they have only 10 seconds in reverse.

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

thank you frog anyone know about the BattleSwitch

4. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

the frog so can you stop at like at 7 seconds then go again and just keep going in reverse and so on

5. pba

pba Active Member

Yes ,stopping resets the 10 second timer

6. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Having to stop to reset reverse will probably be a major disadvantage under MWC rules, especially once the other side notices you doing it, I would strongly advise limiting yourself like that.

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Do you have to stop or just let the throttle go back to neutral for a moment?

8. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i would say neutral for a moment .you would still be going in reverse and the esc resets it thinks it stopped rite frog?

9. pba

pba Active Member

Yes going back to center stick will start the timer all over again,so wagging the stick will result in continous reverse

10. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever approached Polk to see if they could or would modify their product to take away the 10 second timer? It seems like a useless feature to have in a esc anyway. I'm sure that if the reasoning was explained and the idea to sell quite a few presented, they might be inclined to listen. I remember they were pretty receptive when they were developing the tracker and we were buying them up.

11. wrenow

wrenow RIP

12. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Didn't know about the battle reverse thing even though I bet real ships would have used it if necessary.

13. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Rarely, if at all. Most real ships have a very limited reverse speed.
    Battle reverse, the way I've seen it used on fast gun videos, is WAAAAY out of scale.

14. pba

pba Active Member

AMEN

15. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Well if we want to talk scale when is the last time you read of the Yamato chasing down a Battle cruiser :sick:and two Battle ships standing side by side slugging it out like the USS Constitution HMS Guerriere, so there is a lot to be said for scale. our revers just adds more driving ability to the list for fast gun :whistling:

16. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Of course all things are not scale. It is a combat platform for a gas powered cannon based on a ship. I also found people not in the hobby got bored very quickly with slow moving ships and tended to move on to gas hydrofoils instead. Think of it like robot wars on water. My 5 year old nephew liked the fact that the pump could spray water on my leg when he sailed past me. Priceless entertainment.