Téméraire class

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by glaizilla, May 15, 2014.

1. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I am trying to find plans for thw Temeraire class ship of the line for AOS. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean Active Member

Would this be it?
    http://all-model.com/SH17/L%60Alger.html

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

No, Téméraire was a 98-gun ship of the line. All-model.com does have some ships that are close, and would probably be fine for hull-building purposes...

4. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean Active Member

I thought it was a seventy-four...

5. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

I thought that class was 74s also.

6. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

There were actually many french ships that had that name, two of which were 74 gun ships, none had 98 guns. The Alger posted earlier is part of the Téméraire-class as listed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A9m%C3%A9raire_class_ship_of_the_line.

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Ah, I was thinking of the HMS Temeraire... She sailed with Nelson at Trafalgar, and captured two enemy ships...

8. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Some clarification of which Temeraire is desired might be good. I have plans for 120, 100, 90, 86, and 82 gun French ships of the line. I also have a British 74 and a Russian 130 guner, as well as numerous frigates and corvettes, some brigs and sloops, a handful of gunboats, galleys, and galleons, and a carrack and a caravel. Finally, I've got forty unlabeled scans of drawings by some bloke named Chapman. Looking at the similarities, it doesn't seem unreasonable to take a similar set of drawings and adjust the scale to match the known dimensions if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.

9. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

I am interested in the 74 gun Temeraire class,

The class consisted of over 120 ships, and many were razee'd into frigates.

After the battle this weekend Priority one is the Ocean, and then laying down a ship for the misses. I thought a French 74 would be good consort to the Ocean, but have became intrigued with the Indiamen, esp the Bonhomme Richard. Just looks differant, would a large East Indiamen be the same as a heavy frigate, or a 5th/6th rate?