The Espana

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by bb26, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I had a nice visit with Craig on Friday. And now the Espana will be entering the ship yards. I will post pics.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Paul,
    I'm glad to hear you're refurbishing my first dreadnought model. You'll find the Espana's a tough little ship with lots of extra impenetrable area. I stopped using Espana and built Warspite because after two seasons of battling no one would come near her and the other NABS ships were too fast to catch.
    Let me know if you need any help refitting her.
    Bob

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Hi Bob. I actually got the hull and not the completed ship. It looks like a nice little hedgehog. I should have some fun building this one.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Espana is a feared little beast. Great class 4 boat for battling. It would work great as part of a swarm like the class 4s at IRCWCC NATS. They attack like sharks or those little fish with big sharp teeth.

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I remember squeezing the equipment into such a short hull was a big problem, but Paul's already been through that with the almost identical size South Carolina. There's hardly any superstructure (2 small structures, each with a tripod mast) so that part's easy. I sold my drawings to Rich Wands of the OAF when he bought the Espana mold but I think I have a copy that Paul can use for the superstructure.
    My 3.5 unit HMS Minotaur almost matches Espana's firepower but I wouldn't want to get close to her.
    Bob