The Obsession

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Gardengnome, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

I have just started in the hobby and have been bite. It seems always I am pondering what about making that ship or that ship.. so I am just curious what others out there are pondering =D
    If you had your current build completed. What would your next have to build ship (doesn't matter what format but do specify what format)? What are your reasons for doing so?
    Me.. don't know I have an obsession with the Hercules for some odd reason. I think it may be an interesting 28 second little pig like the VU and for some odd reasons I like the lines. Plus, it hull style seems to be a good first build (no odd bulges) and it is still low to the water akin to the VU.

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I would build a Baden or a VDT. I want to have a big and a little ship from each side so I can choose the one that best fits the battle I'm against. I have a Sodak and a Pennslyvania so the Allied side is covered. Now when my Bismarck is done, that would be the compliment to it.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

What ship do I want to build? WHAT SHIP?! oh fine, I'll tell you. Just remember that this information is absolute tip-top secret. Only you, me, and the rest of the English-speaking world are to know.

I build Big Gun ships for the WWCC, in California. I'm putting the finishing touches on my Viribus-Unitis class BB, Prinz Eugen. Once that's done, I've been contracted to help finish a South Dakota for one of the younger club members. He bought a jaw-dropping gorgeous wooden hull designed and built by my shopmaster, but doesn't have the skills yet to build the rest of the ship to the same level of quality. My job will be to teach him the basics of planning, layout, construction, and maintenance for a big, burly battlewagon.

But that doesn't count, since it's not for me. MY next project will either be an Alsace, Agincourt, Bearn, Borodino, "Billy Ruffian," Chin Yen, Captain, Dreadnought, Enterprise, Flugdeckkreuzer E V, Flottentorpedoboot 1944, Goeben, Hilfsflugzeugträger II De Grasse, Invincible, I-400, Ikazuchi, Schlachtschiff J, Iowa, Kreuzer P, Kasuga, Leopard, Lothringen, Mogami, Mikasa, Montana, Matsushima, Nassau, Nisshin, Ostfriedland, Oslyabya, Orel, Panzer III, P-51, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, Roma, Radetzky, Scharnhorst, Surcouf, South Dakota, South Dakota, Sherman, Tokiwa, Tsubame, Uchuu Senkan Yamato, Von Der Tann, Victory, Wurttemburg, Westfalen, Battleship X, Yamato, Z-52.

I hope that covers my list. As you can see, I will be busy for many years to come :D

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Wow! at least you narrowed it down. :laugh:

5. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

go P-51. B or C model, with the malcolm hood. None of this D crap.

6. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I see American, British, German, French, Itialian, Japanese, and Russian ships on the water.
    I would like to build ships of the other countries not represented who had contributed durring the war years.
    Thus when you look at "My Fleet" you will see OPR Dragon on the list as a future build.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Forme it would be the Mighty Mo or the Andrea Doria. Like to build the Arizona too.

8. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

A combat diving sub. I400 maybe. Why? I think it would fit my battle style better. And lets face it... subs are REALLLY COOOL!

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Subs are actually how I stumbled on to this sport via subsim.com - I'd love to build a sub, but I think I need some more building practice on other things first. :)

I'll probably build the Baden next, because I have plans for it and an affection for WW1 ships.

10. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

I will do a Gearing or Akizuki destroyer next. I have built a Z-boat and she was fun to run and gun. So a destroyer with big gun torpedoes is next on my list! I already have the two hulls, so the hard part will be deciding which one to build!

Steve

11. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Gearing (*cough,cough*)

12. Bryan

Bryan Member

Do both!!!! do it like a tag team and they will both get done faster....:laugh:

13. Bryan

Bryan Member

AAAAA Akizuki........Darn summer colds....:laugh:

Say while on the subject of little boats, I am willing to trade a Akizuki or Gearing for
    a Narvik / Z-boat hull, just to throw that out there..... hehehehehe:whistling:

14. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

I have the Obsession, i get my a$$ beat all the time but i love it this hobby/sport rocks.
    I have some tuff ships and captains to fight against. As soon as we start winning i know
    my son and i will be bada$$ captains and we will even out the score when we become vets.
    Blue death will eventually become a collection of moby dicks locker..then on to warspite lol.

15. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you build the larger, and/or heavier of the two first. It would give you the best chance of a succesful build. Then you can always build the other later, after gaining some experience with weight savings, and smaller parts.
    Mikey