the OTHER Jeff L

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by irnuke, Dec 1, 2011.

1. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Hi all! I'm Jeff Lipp. Not Jeff Lide, who's the crazy but always entertaining Jeff L known and loved by Axis (and feared by Allied) captains.
    I originally joined the MWC in the mid-90's in Orlando, where a couple of marvelous gentlemen named Rick King and Don Cole helped me to build my first ship (SMS Von der Tann) in Rick's case, and christened said ship with her first sink in Don's.
    Due to financial & military commitments, my participation in the hobby has been sporadic. I attended several battles in the Orlando area in the late 90's, then was mobiled after 9/11 and sent to Virginia. While there I discovered that the IRC guys were just as great a bunch as the MWC, and here I bought a SMS Baden hull. A new friend in the area (Lee McKinzie) helped me to get her built, and she battled in Hagerstown with the IRC before I demob'ed back to Florida. Baden fought a few battles in Orlando, and attended the Georgia NATS in 2003. During this time, Brian Koehler & I created the SAS website. My military commitments kept me from attending many battles, and my participation had dropped to nothing by 2005.
    In March, 2009 I retired from the Navy Reserve after 24 years and started college. My degree program will be completed this December & with Terry Lee's help, Baden is being brought back to fighting trim for the 2012 season.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jeff to the Hobby. Look forward to seeing your projects here on the forum.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Yay! THREE Badens in Region 3 :) Banzai! Banzai!!! Banzaiiii!!!!!!!

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

More targets. ;)