They want my video!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Kotori87, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Hey, folks! I was just checking the comments on my YouTube videos today, and I found a message I did not expect to see. It was:

I looked on their website, and it turns out that First Television is the group that produced Battlebots. Now they want to use MY VIDEOS! Next thing you know, I'll be a big-shot director in Hollywood doing a remake of Sink The Bismark [:D]

2. Kotori87

Arrgh! Why can I never edit the first post in a topic!? I forgot to include the link to the video. Anyway, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIWhMLHhTA

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

The "Big Gun Navy" is a pretty good video i got to say. especcially the music. Thats the video that got me intreseted in the r/c combat. I doupt youll become a big-shot directer in Hollywood. Its a good dream though. Anyways Congrats

4. klibben

klibben Member

congrats kotori!

Wonder what they are doing with it? (obviously putting it on tv...but i wonder what kind of show)

Looking at the comments made me laugh, some say with plastic BB's, others say they are 1:1 scale... and yet another criticizes for how they "fire broadsides like 17th century" ships.

5. Kotori87

Well, looking on the First Television website, the only upcoming show is "country fried home videos". I'm not sure exactly what that consists of, but I really want to put together a FAQ to go along with whatever videos they show, to make sure that nobody gets the wrong idea about what we do. Of course, this FAQ would also go on YouTube, to clear up all the misconceptions found in the video comments [;)]

As for being a director in Hollywood, I'm allowed to pretend, aren't I?

6. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

"Country Fried Home Videos" is on CMT. Its kind of like worlds most funnest video but in hillbilly/country style. Yup your allowed to pretend just dont kill your self being James Bond. [:p]

7. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I would tell them "you can use it as long as you tell me in advance what it will be used for and when (so we can TIVO it).

I would also engrain a URL across the bottom of the video... for free advertisement. I, of course, would recommend this site as it is a national TV show...

8. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Excellent! Congrats!

Pax,
    A.