too many mikes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike Horne, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

I will have to get a nickname...

I shall be the CUBE

It's a long story :)

I'm recently relocated to Ohio, at the southeastern end of MBG. I am an unabashed big gunner. I was an early member of MABG. I have some experience battling and building. Clubs that have members cross formats seem to be doing better than clubs that don't so... I plan on treaty if I can swing it, but I have my first child on the way... so, I may well do more building and emailing than battling for a while. Not that that's a bad thing... but one weekend a month is probably at the limit of my wife's tolerance :)

Now as soon as I finish adding attic storage to the garage... let the building begin!

Mike (Cubed) Horne
    or
    M3
    or Mike Mike Mike
    THE CUBE

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Is your name not Bruce.

No it's Michael.

Mind if we call you Bruce to keep it clear?

-------------------

3. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Well, if I have a hard time figuring out which Mike is which when people sign Mike... And over the years have both A, dropped of the planet, and B, have a common name... then you'll just have to understand :)

Just don't call me surely.

Mike3

4. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I like your attitude Mike!

PS: I hope to post some photos of "Lumpy" soon.

Knight

5. Anachronus

Yes. I have been one of 4 James myself.

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I think that to eliminate confusion, we should all change our names to Mike.

7. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

I'd like to propose that all Mikes with Axis ships now be known as Michelle instead.

Mike. No, the other one. No not that one either. The OTHER Mike D.

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hi Guys!
    Hey the Buckeye Battle Squadron is getting together on April 26 and hope fully the 27 at least a build session on the 26. See if Miek Deskin can hookup with you for a ride over!
    Buddy Friend

9. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

i sexcond thos nomination[:D]

10. Anachronus

But if we were in Queen's Own we would have to make it Bruce.

11. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

I once had a boss named Bruce.

I was working for the park service, and we were cutting boundaries one day. Three feet wide and to the sky!!! Through overgrown areas. Usually twelve feet tall rosebush. You should see that stuff at the Battle of Brandy Station. This particular one was at the Wilderness Battlefield in Chancellorsville. There was a corn field adjoining, that had been in use as a corn field way back when. Yup that far back then. The properties involved were still deeded the same boundaries, and the park had traded land around and purchased a better tract if I remember correctly. The end of the day we could either tromp back along the boundary, with all the tools and the chainsaws or cut through the corn field. Bruce told us not to. The previous year, the crew cut through the field after cutting a different boundary, and someone got lost. Lost with Bruce's radio. The radio that was also on the police and ambulance frequencies... That interupted everything when the button to talk was held down. The greater Fredericksburg area was treated to "Hey Bruce!!! Hey Bruce!!! I'm lost!!! Help!! I'm in a cornfield and I'm lost" and suchlike in an ashamed scared whisper over and over again, not realizing that nobody else in the crew either A) had a radio... or B) could talk to him while he held transmit. Needless to say, it was a sore subject. The chief ranger pointedly told him not to loose his radio again that morning.

We cut through the cornfield. Shouldn't have been so hard right?? It was a big cornfield. Hu-normous. The farmer musta swerved like a madman running away from a bad dream... the rows were not straight in the middle. This by the way, is completely disorientating when you are three feet shorter than the corn and in the middle of the field. Not to mention that you now have to walk around in squirly q's to avoid mashing the corn... which will certainly get you in trouble.

There was a shouted corus of "Hey Bruce!!, Bruce I'm lost!!! for quite some time before we all got out of the corn.

I am certain they were not refering to me.

Must be somebody else

Not Bruce

12. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

that would suck...

13. Lorden

Lorden New Member

What is it with people and their cornfield stories? Notice the 2nd page of comments in the spammer post on the general forum section.

14. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

I certainly didn't mean to start something on the spam thread, but I am glad people read my post. I was just trying not to be Michelle or Bruce in a funny way.

As a side note I did likely have the brush hook... "some call it a sling blade, some call it a kizer blade. I call it a sling blade... errrrmm Hmmmm." But I remember being lost in the corn much more than all the tools and crud we had to carry out.

Would have made a good b horror flick!

Mike