Traxass Servo dimensions

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Cannonman, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Does anyone know the dimensions of this servo??

http://www.gohobbies.com/itemTRA-2065.html

I realize it is not water proof to our standards, it just looks as if it might be a little shorter than some of the other micro servos out there.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

that looks very similar to the non-waterproof Traxxas 2060 micro servo. The 2060 is Length: 0.87" (22mm) Width: 0.47" (12mm) height: 0.87" (22mm), and it's a pretty safe bet that the 2065 has the same dimensions.

As for the waterproof-ness, I have installed its larger cousin in my transport. I have tested it in 3 feet of water successfully, and I'll be battling in a 10 foot pond today. I don't intend to sink, but I will report the results if I do.

3. Cannonman

Thanks Kotori, I would think that it is a safe bet that they are the same size. If that's the case, then it's about the same size as several other micro servos.

I was wondering because on the Emile Bertin, the stern cannon goes between ribs 14 & 15, and since I want to arm that cannon, I need to go with a micro servo so it can go between ribs 15 & 16.

Some of the smaller sub micro servos will almost fit between ribs 16 & 17... which would be cool.... what is the smallest available servo that has enough torque for the rudder, and won't put a huge dent in the wallet???

4. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Silly me. Instead of asking in a 3rd-party forum, I took the question directly to Traxxas.

No servo information on the http://www.traxxas.com web site that I could find, so I used their "Contact" link to e-mail Technical Support. It took a few days, but here's what they sent me:

After a 2nd message:

At 06:51 PM 8/4/2008 -0500, you wrote:
    Thanks. What about the TRA-2065, waterproof micro?

For any other question, I leave it up to whomever needs the information to contact Traxxas directly (or continue to seek non-authoritative answers elsewhere, if that's their preference).

JM

5. Cannonman

There are a number of reasons I and others prefer to ask questions here, as opposed to going direcly to the manufacurer. I am not being rude or ungrateful here, just explaining my reasoning.

One is that here, we tend to get answers quicker, and far more "in tune" to how we intend to use the product, as well as often times, advice based on real world experience in how the product might be used as it applies to us. Responses here are also not limited to the manufactures recommended usage either. Not many manufactures of so many products used in this hobby would suggest their products for what could be considered underwater usage.

Another is that often times, when posting such a short question, you don't have to add a ton of info and you can still can get numerous reponses to questions you didn't even know you had yet, just drawing from the tons of experience that the people here have. You often get answers like this one would be better, or if you choose to use that item watch out for this or make sure to do that, not just a short answer from a customer service rep who just wants to get through one customer question to get to the next.

Also, if the product is inferior, the people on this forum will say so, a manufactuer would probably not [8D]