Tribal Class DD plans

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by hairy_apple, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

Does any one know where I can find plans for a Tribal class destroyer. I've searched half the night with no luck.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm at work right now, Hairy, but I'll check the hard drive when I get home on lunch. I KNOW that I have a bunch of DD plans. No promises, but I'll look.

3. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

The National Maritime Museum in the UK certainly has them. Two problems. 1. VERY PRICEY. 2. Will have to be converted to 1/144.

4. Tugboat

Which Tribal class? WWI or 1930's?

5. Anachronus

I almost asked that question, but then I remembered that most people are not crazy enough to do WW1 destroyers.

6. Tugboat

I know one person who is, but at the moment he aspires to be the first to be a Knight of the Order of the Iron Jigsaw :) And after that, he must finish the Moose. And Othar (although Othar gets worked on at least once a week. Had to replace the pump motor, in addition to capping the drive motor.

7. Anachronus

Othar! Othar! Othar! OOOOOO-THAAAAAR! :)

Had a strange image of you mounting Othar on the Moose's superstructure like a 19th century torpedo launch. If the Moose should go down Othar could float free to wreak more havoc!
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti..[/FONT]

8. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

The 1930's ones. While a WW1 destroyer would be pretty cool, I think it's a bit too small for me. My girlfriend desided that she wants to build a ship to fight with, and that is the one she desided she liked for whatever reason.

9. Anachronus

The only WW1 destroyers that are big enough to easily build is HMS Swift. Or the German S-113/V-116 classes.

10. Tugboat

11. Anachronus

Would you have a Hawkins? That is a sweet looking DD though. Looks dangerous.

12. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

My little Willie Maykett is actually small enough to mount as a lifeboat inside a large battleship. It's extremely well-sealed, tiny, and self-righting. I have seriously considered putting it inside an Iowa or similar, so that when the Iowa sinks and its float deploys, the Maykett bobs up to the surface too. The only reason I haven't is that I don't have a big battleship to put it in :eek:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ryan, I have some high-quality digital plans for the WWII Tribal class destroyer on my computer. I also have some pretty good digital Gearing plans on my computer, if you're interested, and a Porter class, Z1, Z31, Akizuki, and original builder's drawings for a really cool WWI German submarine with rotating underwater torpedo launchers and more deck guns than every British destroyer of the era. Unfortunately the last one isn't *quite* legal to build :(
    As you've no doubt noticed, warship technology and especially water protection for electronics has changed a lot since last you were in the club. I'd be glad to write up a summary of the major changes in a few days, after the battle this weekend. For now, all I'll say is that my Prinz Eugen hasn't got a single "watertight" box in it, yet the last time it sank, it was ready to fight again within seconds of me pulling it off the bottom.

13. Tugboat

@James - YES, I have Hawkins... AND Vindictive as CL and CV. ;)

@Karl - I would love to get copies of those onto the hard drive :) :) :)

14. Anachronus

I would love the Hawkins and Vindictive. You have to love RN ship names. Also the Duke of Edinbugh? PLZ?!?!?

15. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

As a matter of fact, Danielle and I plan on being there this weekend. We can talk in person about changes in technology and water protection. If there is any chance you could put those plans on a CD or something that would be awesome. I also plan on bringing the Dreadnought as I'm sure Joe would love to see his old ship again. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and of course seeing some destruction.

16. Superb Cat

Superb Cat Member

We've got plans of the Battle class, tribal class and german Narvik class here in australia if you want copies. Done using stuff of the web plus enlargements of smaller detailed plans. Narvik is nicest of the 3.
    Cheers