Tugboat's Free Stuff: Carl's IJN Mehoshi Maru

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by Tugboat, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey guys, through the generosity of Carl Kotori, I am able to post his plans for the IJN tanker Mehoshi Maru. So if you see him, buy him a drink!

There are plans sets for both 1/144 and 1/96 in the FileManager/Tugboat/Free Ship Plans.

Files are:
    MehoshiMaru144.tif
    MehoshiMaru-96.tif

Now that they're up, I expect you axis bubbas to get more convoys on the water!

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you!
    This is looking mighty attractive.

Tugboat, I might me down in GA when you guys are battling over in pooler so I might be able to get out there for a day or so. Not sure but i'll let you guys know if that is going to happen.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

w00t! Good to see some publicity for my first planset. As tugboat has stated, these plans are 100% perfectly free and he is posting them with my full permission. So all you Axis folks, GIT TER WERK AND GIT THEMS CONVOY BOATS A-SAILIN!

For all you Allied buggers, feel free to call it the HMS Empire Mehoshi, USS Mehoshi City, FFNS Mehoshi, or any other names that come to mind.

4. klibben

klibben Member

nice looking plans, i especially like how you put the measurements in 1/144 on the side... very helpful when looking at ships!

5. Tugboat

I reposted the 1/96 scale plans after changing the numbers to the correct 1/96 measurements. Thanks to Kenny for pointing out that they were still in 1/144 :)

6. klibben

klibben Member

So how do we print these out? just put them straight on a CD, take them to the printer, and say PRINT! or do we need to tell them something specific?

7. Tugboat

Put them on a cd or usb drive (my personal choice), go to the printer and tell them that they're tiff files. Most professional printer people can handle tiffs with no problems.

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the dimensions are something I always add to the plans. Whenever I start a new ship, I convert all the measurements to the correct scale, write them on a notecard, and tape it to the original plans. Then when I head down to the copy shop, I get all my plans with the ship's major dimensions right there. Recently, I've started including the maximum and minimum allowed dimensions, along with displacement, armament, speed, armor, and other useful data.

For printing, check to make sure the plans are the correct dimensions when you finish. One of the printers I used automatically resized the image when I told it to print, rather than selecting a paper size that was large enough. Once I set it to print at the correct resolution (100 DPI) it picked the correct paper size and printed properly. I don't think kinkos or other print/copy shops will have any problems with that though.

9. klibben

klibben Member

thanks guys!

10. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Many thanks, Tugboat and Carl, for making these plans available! And thanks Tugboat for converting them to 1/96!

Carl

11. Tugboat

You're welcome :) I'll be converting the others, too.

12. donanton

donanton Member

Thanks Carl and Tugboat!
    Now I have plans for the metal monster (target practice ship) I hope to make when the Washington is done.

13. EricMA

EricMA Member

Hey TugBoat
    I'm new here and just starting out. Where can I get a copy of one of those free plans to look at?

Eric

14. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Here ya go the link is below

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/FileManager/default.aspx?id=105

Its in the file manger section on the home page, Then go to Tugboat and then free plans if above dont work

Zac

15. EricMA

EricMA Member

Thanks. I was looking for it and didn't see it on the home page.

Eric

16. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

it was on the bottom

17. EricMA

EricMA Member

when I take the file with the plan of the Mehoshi Maru, how do they know what size to print it to make it right size for 1/96th scale?

18. Tugboat

If you take the 1/96 sized file, just give them your media with the file on it and it should print out at exactly 1/96. YMMV, but that's how it works at the blueprint shop here.

19. donanton

donanton Member

If you get it printed at staples, they start slow but they catch on how to use their equipment.

20. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Tugboat,

What software do you use to adjust the scale for these drawings? I've got some other plans I'd like to re-scale...

Thanks,

Carl