Tugboat's Free Stuff: French BB Jean Bart

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by Tugboat, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

That's right, Frogophiles! A set of 1/144 scale plans for the mighty Jean Bart (can you say "double sidemounts in each main turret"? I knew you could!)... They are in the File Manager, under Tugboat/Free Ship Plans. You can feel free to copy and distribute them, as long as no one runs around selling them.

The files in question are:
    Jean Bart Frames144.tif
    Jean Bart-144.tif

Ignore the Jean Bart png unless you want a small but very pretty picture :) Maybe I'll use that as the start of a new background jpg file :)

Battlestations bubbas, the 1/96 files will be posted soon, I have to split the plan and profile drawing into two files so that they'll fit on a big printer (36" width).

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

So you got it, great! Uploading as a file will keep the server from modifying the file, Which was what I was going to do today. Is the resolution OK? Or do you want me to upload the original tiff over it?

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I've got it at 100dpi, which is fine for printing and viewing, using LZW compression so it doesn't lose any info.

Justin pointed out that the plan&profile drawing lacks anything below the waterline. I have uploaded the hull-only drawing for those who wish to build this fine ship. Filename is JBart_Hull144.tif.

That'll teach me to wake up early and post pre-coffee.

4. wrenow

wrenow RIP

And, of course, if you want more detailed plans for, say, detailing, there are also TIF files on of the JB/Richelieu on the French site. The link is http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/listebato/listebato.php

If you forget, the site is listed on the NTXBG site under suppliers / French Naval Ship Plans

Cheers,

Wreno