Turning Brit...at least for a while

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Boatmeister, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

I am thinking about building a British WW1 battleship over the winter. I have my German WW1 terror in need of a weekend refit (and a new receiver to replace the one I smoked last week) but otherwise is ready to go. I just want to make it a little more "user friendly" for use as a loner boat.

I am leaning towards a Colossus, Collingwood or Orion. The 1st two are 4 unit ships and the Orion is a 4.5 unit ship. My draw to the Colossus and Collingwood is that no one has built one yet (to my knowledge). I used an Orion built by Dave Au when in the BBS but I would like to have 1 of my own. I had quite a bit of success with that ship...it was fun to run. Plus with the perspective influx of WW1 Axies battleships, that will give me someone to play with. Besides, all 3 are lighter than my Markgraf so it would be easier on my back.[:D]

This makes sense with my love of the WW1 era. Stokes the fire a little bit......[;)]

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Erin, man, I'm telling you...Erin! Besides, I don't think anyone's ever built one of those before either!

Of the options you laid out, I like the Colossus the best. She's got a good weapons layout. I'm not a fan of the original Dreadnought configuration.

3. crzyhawk

You should also look into one of those Indefatigable hulls that Mikey has. You won't be disappointed I think.

4. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Build it and He will come.......Build it and....He will come....

5. the frog

the frog Member

Erin does look really good Im tempted

6. crzyhawk

WW1 KGV looks good too, and has the added benefit of everyone expecting something else when you say you're bringing the KGV. If I were going to do a WW1 british battleship though, I think I'd look at either the HMS Erin or the HMS Neptune.

One of the things about the Erin I like is the bow looks MUCH better then most of the British dreadnought ram bows. The design is reminiscent of the R class BCs and the Courageous class ships.